BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    Ey for a 3 year old thats not bad

Considering 3 year olds have a shorter attention span, less fine motor skills etc etc

I think its pretty good... I bet he cant even write yet yet he can paint sort of...?
    It's kinda funny you should say that. He can write his name, which is only three letters long, so kinda cheating there, but his drawing skills have gone from blobs of "what-the???" to him drawing people that look like people.

Librarian

Sad think is that that looks better then the stuff I was painting when I was 13

Brother-Sergeant

cool. i think my daughter wants to try but seeing that my armies are daemonic i'll have to pick up something a bit better for her.... mebbe some Eldar....
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Okay I gotta say having a son who is also 3, that is impressive. The criticism here is a little silly in my opinion because as a parent, I would also be proud. My son likes to paint with me when I paint my models, but he paints watercolors on paper not on a model.

I imagine if Noah (my son) painted a model it wouldn't be clean in the slightest. He is a bit of a wild child so I imagine I would have paint all over my walls, and my son.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Criticism has no age limits, my friend. He displayed the artwork openly, therefore it can be judged.

And in this case, I'm certainly not impressed, even if the child is only 3. This 'paintjob' is what I would expect from a 3 year old.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's nothing special to everyday people: just the parent who apparently thinks it's impressive.

Thus, like I said before, it seems like a case of an overproud parent.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny... A 3 year old paints better then you, Mike. I certainly hope you were kidding around, or you should think twice about having kids (I'd hate to have a father that criticizes like that).

Black Templar, you SHOULD be proud. Looks better then some of my friends' minis, and they're in their mid-twenties, lol.

I'd love to get my son into this at some point, he's 2 years old and is perfectly content drawing on the walls

Build a Rhino for the young ones to paint. It's flat with a lot of surface, so they can make good progress without having to learn curves and stuff. Due to to its flat nature, thicker than normal paint can be forgiven. Also, given the attention span of children it will keep them occupied for a long time. It's also a good trick to get children to sleep or rest, "Your Rhino will get painted faster when you are fresh from sleeping early."

Brother-Sergeant

Sometimes I have trouble mustering the patience to sit down and paint! If that 3 year old keeps at it, he'll be winning Golden demon awards in 10 or 15 years!
    When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph. Pierre Corneille(M2)

Brother-Sergeant

Y'know, good paintjob or bad paintjob means little to nothing to me. As long as that kid had a blast painting that terminator and is still raring for more, I'm just glad that this hobby is getting passed down to another generation of gamer.

I wonder if they make kid sized "Blood for the Blood God" t-shirts....

Blows my terminators away...

But really someone criticized the paint job/thread?! It seems pretty light hearted and cute to me. People need to relax a bit perhaps

Always great to see people encouraging creativity in kids instead of throwing them in front of a TV to placate them.

Cheers to you sir!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Scout

Default hey

Wow are you serious someone actually posted a thread like some of the ones i have seen. Why the hell do gamers have to be so god damn protentious. Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion yes this is true but wow really a 3 year old you guys should crawl into a hole and cover it with dirt im ashamed to call myself a warhammer player just for reading some of that crap. At any rate im glad your son is showing such an interest it looks like so early on hopefully it carrries on when he gets older so you can pass on stuff you have to him, and the rest of you guys need some serious counseling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast