BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Pretty sure it's against forum rules to post links to illegal stuff, regardless of whether it's illegal in china or not.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on music downloads with a quick google search, though I did find an [URL="http://cquirke.mvps.org/pwdssuck.htm"]article[/URL] making fun of how silly passwords can be.

Edit:
    I found this, too, making fun of the movie industry: [url]http://steveblank.com/2012/01/04/why-the-movie-industry-cant-innovate-and-the-result-is-sopa/[/url]
    Last edited by DarkLink; 05-01-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Your justification is you were only buying bases, so that's alright? 'I only gave the criminals a little bit of money, so it doesn't really matter'. Well, it's a new one for this thread, I'll give you that, though I'm not sure it's any better than the other lame justifications nor how you think that is going to dissuade people from criticising you.
    I truly don't care what you think. I also torrent codex so i have a some sort of clue as to what people are on about rather than pay 20 a pop my sins are numerous what can i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Indeed it is. I have thankfully learned not to get too wound up about what people say on the internet (took me a while!) and I take being insulted as a sign that your opponent can't come up with any sensible responses to your answer. I find the fact that there are people trying to justify piracy in any way shape or form rather amusing (whilst viewing it as alarming example of the decline of the moral fabric of society). Anyway, I thought Gendoikari was quitting this thread?
    no, it's a sign that your too thick headed to be reasoned with so, i opt to piss you off instead, which BTW you still haven't gotten the point if your talking about "justifying piracy" the point is not to justify it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by burning crome View Post
    I truly don't care what you think. I also torrent codex so i have a some sort of clue as to what people are on about rather than pay 20 a pop my sins are numerous what can i say.
    Doesn't everyone do this for the codexes they don't play with?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

BTW in case you haven't gotten the point yet, the point is this: these guys exists, they are 100% LEGAL and some people who are tired of GW's prices are going to use them. Right or wrong, destructive to the industry or not, that is the reality.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 05-01-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    BTW in case you haven't gotten the point yet, the point is this: these guys exists, they are 100% LEGAL and some people who are tired of GW's prices are going to use them. Right or wrong, destructive to the industry or not, that is the reality.
    Yes they exist but they are NOT 1005 Legal They are 110% ILLEGAL and you can justify using them and be a criminal all you want but you and I both know it is ILLEGAL. Yes they exist and some people will use them because they do not care. That still does not make them LEGAL

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

EDIT: you know what I'm done I've got better things to do than try to educate a bigot with a piss poor education.
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-01-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Chapter-Master

He might not have the best grasp on what's going on in China, but I'm not exactly certain that quite qualifies him as a bigot. China doesn't exactly have the best reputation in a lot of areas, and its government deserves a lot of that reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    snip
    I'm also pretty sure openly insulting other posters is against forum rules as well. Flagged.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 05-01-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Yes they exist but they are NOT 1005 Legal They are 110% ILLEGAL and you can justify using them and be a criminal all you want but you and I both know it is ILLEGAL. Yes they exist and some people will use them because they do not care. That still does not make them LEGAL
    They're legal to produce in china, and it's legal to buy from china, so please if there is some importation law that I'm missing fill me in.

Brother-Captain

What country do you live in Gendo?

Chapter-Master

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11155110[/url]

Pirated goods are seized on arrival into the country usually. The only reaosn these might get through is because customs don't know what they're looking for.

It is ILLEGAL to purchase pirated goods in the UK

[url]http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Yourconsumerrightswhenbuyinggoodsandservices/DG_194549[/url]

I can only assume there is similar rules for the States and other places....I'll have a look and see what I can find

UPDATE - ACTA (Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement) Signed by the US. Makes all counterfeit goods, the sale of, the distribution of and the import of ILLEGAL. The government seems to go after the buyers, cos they can't get the sellers cos of the Chinese governemts attitude to it
    Last edited by DrLove42; 05-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast