BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: [1250] Orks

Default [1250] Orks

Theme:
    Get all my shooty models in there and build up a good shooty list. Dakka Dakka Dakka!!

List Performance:
    0 Wins, 0 Draws, 0 Losses

Overall Theme Performance:
    4 Wins, 1 Draws, 1 Losses

1250 Pts - Codex: Orks Roster - Dakka

HQ:
    . . 1 Big Mek, 110 pts (Bosspole; Kustom Force Field; Burna)

Elite:
    . . 10 Burna Boyz, 150 pts
    . . 10 Lootas, 150 pts
    . . 10 Lootas, 150 pts

Troops:
    . . 19 Boyz, 170 pts (Shootas; Big Shoota x2)
    . . . . 1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Slugga; Power Klaw)

Heavy Support:
    . . 2 Killer Kans, 90 pts (Dreadnought CCW; Grotzooka x2)
    . . 2 Killer Kans, 90 pts (Dreadnought CCW; Grotzooka x2)

Total Roster Cost: 1250
    Last edited by Akaiyou; 05-16-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Occuli Imperator

I'd be interested to see how this performs, I run my orks in trukks driving at the enemy.
    I found my Lootas not really up to much, so I'm going to expand the mob to 10 to see if I roll enough dice to hit something

Chapter-Master

I feel like Flash Gits would be fantastic addition to this list. Moar Dakka!

i dont own any flash gitz and from the looks of them in the codex they suck random AP? no thank you

Occuli Imperator

I have to say the whole reason I play orks is for the randomness, my weirdboy is just as likely to be a hazard to the squad he is in as he is to take out the opposition.

Chapter-Master

Don't like random nonsense, eh?

I think you chose the wrong codex.

Brother-Sergeant

I would recomend dropping your burna boys and doing the following:
    1.) split your lootas into 3 smaller smaller squads
    2.) put out more kanz

Here is the reasoning:
    1.) 6-7 lootas seem to be the sweet spot to me for popping transports
    2.) kanz are needed to protect/bubble wrap the shooty ork squads, and a couple/three S8 rokkits will help with anything heavier than armor 12

S8 doesnt do well against AV13, just like lascannons dont do well against AV14.

AV13+ is PK bait.

Lootas in small numbers dont work well in my experience and from what ive read online it seems to support that as well. 6 or 7 shoots hitting on 5s will hardly dent vehicles, 10 shots on the other hand damn near guarantee that u have a chance at taking a transport down.

More kans would work and i agree with you but I wanted the burnas for the theme to have different flavors of guns.

Very fun game vs tin'eads at 1500 pts where I tossed in a couple more units, a Big Mek with SAG and another unit of 20 Boyz identical to the others. I went first and shoot up the wraiths on turn 1 killing 2 with the lootas.

Immotek only hit 1 unit with lightning on turn 1 and night fighting ended turn 2 (he IS unlucky vs Orks after all)

The Big Mek with SAG decided to pulverize himself rolling snake eyes. For major LOLz

We were playing all 3 missions I had capture n control held for most of the game and 1 seize ground objective through out the battle I did minimal damage and even after using my waagh and getting in his face turn 3 I didn't manage to do anything except explode an Annihilation Barge. My units were getting wiped out left n right he killed half my army in units alone so he was winning kill points till the very end where in turn 5 I managed to make immotek and company run off the board gaining me 2 kill points, i killed his other AB and killed his Triach Stalker giving me the lead in kill points 6 to 5 for a last minute turn 6 win.

At the end I was winning in KPs by 1, we had a draw on capture n control, and I conga-lined my way to a 2nd seize groudn objective for a win there. Very close game if it had ended turn 5, he would've won on KPs, and we would've had a draw on objectives making it a tin'ead win turn 5. Luckily Gork & Mork decided Orks shalt not lose this day and made turn 6 possible allowing me to claim ultimate victory with little to stand in my way.

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts