BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

More flyer rumours:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    To feed some actual rumors in here.

Wave 1 in june is as bow has revealed. But i am expecting the de bomber before end of summer along with a tau and chaos sm flyer. The csm flyer is likely w the codex so the other two may have "something" with them.

The tau flyer as ive heard from 3 sources is named after a snake, not a fish. Has a networked marker light like item/weapon that can stack. 4 missiles. Options for rail guns or some gattling cannons. No transport.

Orks still have another flyer that is ready for release. And its in the codex.

Eldar get nothing until their codex. As others have stated.

Tyranids harpy has been done fore some time, but its looking like itll be held onto for a while longer. Rumor is another nid wave release with the spore later...
    So Voidraven sooner rather than later, yay! I'm also pleased about waiting for Eldar flyers, attaching shiny new kits to the current 6 year old codex would be stupid, it is really showing its age.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Has a networked marker light like item/weapon that can stack. 4 missiles. Options for rail guns or some gattling cannons.
    I am not that familiar with the Tau weaponry. How does this sound like in power compared to other flyers (both existing and rumoured ones)?

Also, what about the prowess of the flyer in general, when you think of the tau vehicle upgrades? I've in belief that they are rather good (at range atleast)? Even tho they might work differently / be rewritten to be something else in the 6th ed / next tau dex...

Help me out a bit, will ya

/EDIT

Oh, and isn't the twin linked dakka gun a bit low power weapon for the ork fighter? S5 AP5 assault 3 if i remember right. Ofc there is no info about the pointcosts and if there is an ability to squadron them, but still, rather narrow the field of usefullness nevertheless?

EDIT/
    Last edited by Wildcard; 05-06-2012 at 04:48 AM.

StormGrackle - stationary vehicles get re painted with white splotches on top.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I am not that familiar with the Tau weaponry. How does this sound like in power compared to other flyers (both existing and rumoured ones)?

Also, what about the prowess of the flyer in general, when you think of the tau vehicle upgrades? I've in belief that they are rather good (at range atleast)? Even tho they might work differently / be rewritten to be something else in the 6th ed / next tau dex...

Help me out a bit, will ya

/EDIT

Oh, and isn't the twin linked dakka gun a bit low power weapon for the ork fighter? S5 AP5 assault 3 if i remember right. Ofc there is no info about the pointcosts and if there is an ability to squadron them, but still, rather narrow the field of usefullness nevertheless?

EDIT/
    Tau weaponary....seeker missiles are a one shot S 8 AP4 shot that can only be fired at markerlighted targets. So theyre amissile launcher you have to roll twice to hit (once with a markerlight, and again with the missile)

Rail guns are either the S10 AP1 one everyone loves, or the S7 AP3 rail rifles the snipers carry.

The gatli.g guns new though.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

i found this little pic, while flicking through the old RT book. could'nt help but think of the proposed SM gunship

i dub thee the storm budgie, a small agile gunship that emits an ear piercing screech every few seconds
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stormbudgie.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	2025

Battle-Brother

First, it may not have seeker missiles. It may have a new type.

If it has a rail gun, that is pretty powerful. We have to hope that it is a fast attack choice in the book. Tau desperately need heavy weapon access in locations that are not heavy support.

Yay for Tau getting some lovin! here's hoping that sucker is loaded down with some str 8!

Brother-Sergeant

I'm surprised no-one has added

the ****storm

nuff said

Librarian

But that doesn't have Storm at the front
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    More flyer rumours:

So Voidraven sooner rather than later, yay! I'm also pleased about waiting for Eldar flyers, attaching shiny new kits to the current 6 year old codex would be stupid, it is really showing its age.

I got tired of waiting for the void raven so I made my own using 2 razorwings. I would love to see what GW puts out but the likelyhood of me buying now is very slim. Here's pics of mine.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast