BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Scout

I was modeling it off of the Sheridan, which can be quick dropped than has to be unshackled from the drop skid.

If it wasn't a 5-7 turn game I would say it can drop, and then spends a turn getting ready, which is more realistic, but sucks a tonne. The more i think of it, the less important it is.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmann View Post
    Thoughts? Opinions? Other units?
    1) Make them Troops instead of Fast Attack.
    2) Allow mounted Priests and Commissars to be attached to the squads.
    3) Make Ogryns 25 pts. each.

You could then take 6 units of Rough Riders, 3 units of (25 pt.) Ogryns, and 3 Hellhounds for a nice assault-based army style that's different from the gunline or mech forces we have now.
    Last edited by SandWyrm; 09-15-2009 at 10:05 PM.

I was modeling it off of the Sheridan, which can be quick dropped than has to be unshackled from the drop skid.

Or the BMD and ASU85 maybe?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietia View Post
    Well, you wanted an answer - you got one...

As for the Predator - I like the Cavalry tank rule. I am not sure, however, about the airborne deployment. In Epic you deploy Predators using the huge Lander dropships - but they... well... land, and only then they're deployed. Definitely not dropped. What's more - if the Predators were airdropped, Rhinos and Razorbacks should be too...
    How old?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Or the BMD and ASU85 maybe?
    ASU-85 could not be airdropped, and BMD would be more along the lines of Razorback. The closest real-life thing to an airdroppable Predator besides Sheridan would be 2S25 Sprut and the M8 AGS...

How old?
    Look left, click on nick, view public profile

More on topic - Cavalry tank + deep strike + "new" twin linked lascannon = very nasty combination. You can fire an S9 AP1 twin linked weapon on the turn you deep strike...
    Last edited by Pietia; 09-16-2009 at 11:01 AM.

The ASU 85 is fully capable of being airdropped.

Scout

I could easily imagine a couple of grav plates from land speeders making a very effective drop skid

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmann View Post
    I could easily imagine a couple of grav plates from land speeders making a very effective drop skid
    Nah, too Elder! lol

You want something like the Russians use, retro rockets just before it hits the deck!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Pietia View Post
    More on topic - Cavalry tank + deep strike + "new" twin linked lascannon = very nasty combination. You can fire an S9 AP1 twin linked weapon on the turn you deep strike...
    Correct me if i am wrong but a vehicle that deepstrikes counts as moving more than 12 inches, so it wouldnt be able to fire the turn it landed anyway.

The ASU 85 is fully capable of being airdropped.
    It isn't. ASU-85 was supposed to be delivered in Il-76 (or An-12 or An-22) to a secured landing strip. It was too heavy to be airdropped when it was designed, so Russians did not prepare it for paradrops (e.g. it does not have reinforced suspension). So... like everything - it can be airdropped once, just don't expect to drive away in it.
    Previous designs - like ASU-57 - could be airdropped. Later designs - all BMD series vehicles - could be airdropped. This one couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknightIII
    Correct me if i am wrong but a vehicle that deepstrikes counts as moving more than 12 inches, so it wouldnt be able to fire the turn it landed anyway.
    "Vehicles count as having moved at cruising speed" - and since Dragonmann's Cavalry Tank rule makes the Predator count as a Fast Vehicle for shooting purposes, it can fire 1 weapon+all defensive weapons.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast