BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default stupid psychic grey knights

i recently used my necrons against a grey knight armue. after three turns of him smashing stuff with hammerhand i had lost. who else agrees that grey knight psychic powers are too many and too strong, making them far more overpowerd???

Chapter-Master

psycic tests, and considering that his basic troops are MUCH more expensive than yours it really isnt a problem. also if your playing necrons you REALLY shouldnt be in CC with GK. you shoutld be shooting from a distance :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Grey Knights pay for what they get. Just how it is. Necrons should be blasting from a distance. Take better care when deploying and how close your allowing them to get to your lines.
    Keep in mind that just because you lose to an army doesn't mean it's "broken"
    If both you and your opponent are playing at the same points costs then the reasons are simple:
    Mission
    Deployment
    Simply out played
    better favour of the dice gods

Learn from your game. If you take this lose to the Grey Knights and the only thing you got out of it was the thought that the GK are broken then thats the real only failure.
    Better luck next time.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    Grey Knights pay for what they get. Just how it is. Necrons should be blasting from a distance. Take better care when deploying and how close your allowing them to get to your lines.
    Keep in mind that just because you lose to an army doesn't mean it's "broken"
    Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    Learn from your game. If you take this lose to the Grey Knights and the only thing you got out of it was the thought that the GK are broken then thats the real only failure.
    That being said, GK are ACTUALLY broken...

i remember when GK were horrible and you only bought them cus they looked cool....

those were the days...

Odds are pretty good that if hammerhand made you lose, you were going to lose anyway.

Necrons have plenty of tricks up their sleeve. Use them well and you can go toe to toe with GK easily.
    Last edited by Sam; 05-13-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

I agree with your conclusion but not your premises.

GK ARE indeed broken, but not because of their psychic powers. They're broken because of their cost.

They pay for wargear and special rules (not only psychic powers) at a huge discount. Yes, they still pay, but it is stupidly cheap.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Librarian

GK's can be beaten, you just gota adapt to your opponent's list, and how he is implementing it against you. If your big thing is hammerhand, and the other psyker powers, then your in melee or short enough range that you've done something wrong.

Brother-Captain

Oh look, it's this thread again.

GKs auto-win every game ever, so you guys should just save yourselves the anguish and quit.

Or, you could just cry less and actually get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

GKs auto-win every game ever, so you guys should just save yourselves the anguish and quit.

Or, you could just cry less and actually get better.
    I haven't lost to GK in the three games that I've played against them. 1 draw and 2 wins.
    So many dead Purifiers/Terminators...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast