BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June Release

Veteran-Sergeant

I wonder if new rules will come for the current skimmers that look like airplanes, as opposed to the skimmers that look like skimmers.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthwé Guardian View Post
    Awww no Dark Eldar Voidraven Bomber? Like many others I hoping it would get made with the mass flyer release.
    RULES for the new flyers would be rather cool I think.

So, will we need to buy a copy of a WD that noone will be able to find in a year or will they just post them online? Or just as Apoc sets?

They come out in June, so I need to know NOW.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I would imagine it will come with a second flyer release, since the nid harpy is STILL conspicuous by it's absence and Eldar and Tau don't have one yet.
    That sounds likely to me, I'm sure the community would agree also

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    RULES for the new flyers would be rather cool I think.

So, will we need to buy a copy of a WD that noone will be able to find in a year or will they just post them online? Or just as Apoc sets?

They come out in June, so I need to know NOW
    Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to the new releases, I just had my hopes about the Voidraven. As for rules for flyer rules, we'll have to see, TheBitzBarn has only said these three vehicles are being released. As for flyer rules we don't want to get ahead of ourselves, there will of course be rules for the Storm Talon and Ork Bomber but in my viewpoint it's unlikely they'll produce flyer rules. They'll most likely be included in the 6th edition. But who knows, lets see what happens

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to the new releases, I just had my hopes about the Voidraven. As for rules for flyer rules, we'll have to see, TheBitzBarn has only said these three vehicles are being released. As for flyer rules we don't want to get ahead of ourselves, there will of course be rules for the Storm Talon and Ork Bomber but in my viewpoint it's unlikely they'll produce flyer rules. They'll most likely be included in the 6th edition. But who knows, lets see what happens
    It makes sense to me that they'd only release flyers for codices that don't already have one. Releasing the Voidraven might dilute the sales of the Razorwing when 6th hits. But if they release it in a second flyer wave, then they'll still probably get a similar volume of sales as if it was released in the "first" wave.

As for rules, I'm inclined to agree. Though it's possible that they might release some "preview" rules for 6th edition flyers? Not likely; I think they'll probably just give them all Supersonic and Aerial Assault.

I have been told that the rules for the Flyers will be in the White Dwarf but GW did not say if they were an expansion or a new part of the rule system. It may be another glimpse into our futures of 6th ed.

There will be (well, rumoured to be) another flyer wave before the end ofthe year with Voidraven and some others.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Leaving out the void Raven in favor of these three allows far more players to work with fliers coming into 6th. Dark Eldar already have one plane, and many DE players already have it, so there is less interest/ potential sales in the Void Raven than in the Necron flier (still the newest codex), Marine gunship (Only BA and GK can use the Storm Raven, this new flier will probably cover the Vanilla, DA, and maybe other books) and Ork flier (Orks are an iconic xenos race)

As for nids, they have the winged tyrant, so for now, the Harpy can be converted.

Harpy and Void raven are likely in a second flier wave (holiday season?) while Chaos should get their dragon-daemon engine flier with their codex, Tau will get the Barracuda-remake/Mako with theirs early next year. Eldar may see theirs either with their book mid-late next year, or as a third flier in the potential second flier wave.

Brother-Sergeant

Personally I'm looking forward to see if the Storm Talon will make a great edition to my fledgling Raven Guard army! It will fun to see what it's stats are.

I usually don't buy allot of White Dwarf but I think White Dwarf 388 will be a must buy.

Personally I'm looking forward to see if the Storm Talon will make a great edition to my fledgling Raven Guard army! It will fun to see what it's stats are.

I usually don't buy allot of White Dwarf but I think White Dwarf 388 will be a must buy.
    I hope it dates back to Pre-Heresy so that I can chuck it in MY Raven Guard.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

so the flyers are due out on June 2nd... that means we should see the pre-orders go up on GW's website this weekend... which begs the question: How do we not have pics of these things yet? Someone, somewhere must have their copy of White Dwarf #388 by now. We usually have pics a week or more in advance of the pre-orders going up due to scanned copies of WD.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast