BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is it time to boycott GW?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 30.70%
  • No

79 69.30%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    I see your lips moving but all I hear is "blah blah blah* you deserve to have the rich steal part of your labor.
    Oh get off your cross Trotsky. Why don't you go live in a country where the biggiest worry is not weather or not some toy company is going to raise it's prices, and the real problem is weather or not you can feed your kids or have a bayonet jabbed in your back because you happened to be born on the wrong side of some fence. People like you disgust me. You don't think for yourselves, you don't really learn anything, you just parrot the words of others.

Go read your copy of adbusters over a cup of organic fairly traded 7 dollar coffee and stop whining like the spoiled child you are. You don't like the toy company's prices, stop playing with toys, or buy different toys from some other company. Your moral outrage and proposed social crusade against the injustice of not being able to buy plastic army men for the price you want is the silliest example of outrage I've ever even heard of.
    Last edited by Bushido; 05-24-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    When my 3 lads were just little lads, back in the early '90's, we used to go to the GW store here in Edinburgh. At that time, you had to fight, (politely of course), to get in the door! A great guy named Martin was manager at that time, got really friendly with the guy. Anyhoo, the whole shop was absolutely chock a block. Piles of school satchels lying in a corner, loads of noise from the gaming tables--wonderful atmosphere. You really felt you were part of something special.

You could get a bubble pack of 3 metal orcs for £1.50 then.

I go in now, on a Saturday afternoon and there is, on average, 3 people in the shop. Now tell me there's nothing wrong with GW's pricing policy.

If things go on the way they are, that shop will be empty every day and they will end up closing it. What other shops will follow them?
    Wellcome to the Internet era, my friend...

Here in Spain it“s also happening not only on miniatures“s shops, even in comic stores too, why?

Because too many people download them from Internet.

As books themselves...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

When my 3 lads were just little lads, back in the early '90's, we used to go to the GW store here in Edinburgh. At that time, you had to fight, (politely of course), to get in the door! A great guy named Martin was manager at that time, got really friendly with the guy. Anyhoo, the whole shop was absolutely chock a block. Piles of school satchels lying in a corner, loads of noise from the gaming tables--wonderful atmosphere. You really felt you were part of something special.

I go in now, on a Saturday afternoon and there is, on average, 3 people in the shop. Now tell me there's nothing wrong with GW's pricing policy.

If things go on the way they are, that shop will be empty every day and they will end up closing it. What other shops will follow them?
    FYI Warhammer Historical has closed - all things have moved to Forgeworld - it would seem all rules booklets are no longer available.

I concur with your point. I envisage an actual reduction in store space over the next 5 years......

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Wellcome to the Internet era, my friend...

Here in Spain it“s also happening not only on miniatures“s shops, even in comic stores too, why?

Because too many people download them from Internet.

As books themselves...
    Print is dying out....I work in advertising for Kroger, a grocery chain. We are converting alot of stuff to the internet. Give it 5-10 more years....newspapers will be a thing of the past. Everythig is digital now. Even at the grocery store. Self Checkouts, loyalty cards you can down load coupons. Money is now exchanged through credit and debit.....

Chapter-Master

Then your store is doing something wrong. My store isn't a big one (actualy the smallest GW I've ever been to) and theres always a minimum of 3 people in the store, even at 10am on a Tuesday morning. Sunday its always packed. I've given up trying to go to Vets night cos theres too many people you can barely get into the store, let alone get a game
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Wow, this thread is still going? Jeese these threads are like aids, you just cant get rid of them.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    GW have their financial reports freely availible in the [URL="http://investor.games-workshop.com/"]investors section[/URL] of their website.

Plenty of proof. Just a bit more work for you than saying "Waaaah. GW are putting up prices just to make more money so I shall now cry waaaah"
    I understand that costs rise, etc. However, in defense of current complaints, 16-25% increases in the costs of models IS a wee tad more than current inflation. If they had raised prices 2-3% across the board it would be much easier to swallow.
    40K pronunciation guide: Abaddon = [uh - BAD - done], Belial = [bee - LEEL] (I promise), and Chimera = [KY - murr - uh].

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Wasn't going to, it was fun arguing with small brained people who can't grasp a larger picture than their own circumstances but now it's just pathetic.

yes, i'm small brained because I understand that it's futile to create an internet boycott because I don't like the new prices.

does the lollipop lane and the wall candy taste delicious?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    does the lollipop lane and the wall candy taste delicious?
    It tastes absolutely fantastic! OMNOMNOMNOM!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

i see the same thing getting repeated over and over agian:

HEY GUISE I JUST HAD A IDEUR LETs BOI COTT GW BECAUSE it COSTS MONIES

NO WAI I LIKE MODELS AND YOU NEED TO PAY MONIES FOR THEM

NO WAI

YA WAI
    (rinse and repeat.)
    also im guessing that the guy who started this thread is from PP lol :P

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast