BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Will this list work?

1500 pts of Necrons:

Theme: as far as possible, Canoptek robots only - no warriors; it's a tomb world that hasn't quite woken up, so only the defensive systems are active. Mainly because I like how the Canoptek models look, and despise Necron Warriors.

Destroyer Lord.

5 Deathmarks.

5 Immortals w. Gauss.
    5 Immortals w. Gauss.

6 Wraiths w. Whip Coils, Particle Casters.
    3 Wraiths w. Whip Coils, Particle Casters.
    10 Scarabs.

3 Spyders w. TL Particle Beamer. 1 has Gloom Prism.
    3 Spyders w. TL Particle Beamer. 1 has Gloom Prism.

Mini-scarab farm pumps out Scarabs which chew through vehicles. Spyders act as a tarpit/anti-infanty shooting. Destroyer Lord attaches to Wraiths, who are the hammer that kills enemy troops. Immortals held in reserve and seize objectives late game. Deathmarks are there because I have the models
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 05-25-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Not enough dudemans.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Yeah I'd probably cut the spiders down to groups of 2 and the possibly the 6 man wraith unit to beef up your troops a bit otherwise you will lose objective games in a big, bad way.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Theme: as far as possible, Canoptek robots only - no warriors; it's a tomb world that hasn't quite woken up, so only the defensive systems are active. Mainly because I like how the Canoptek models look, and despise Necron Warriors.
    Why not counts as some Canoptek automatons of some sort as Warriors/Immortals? That'll give you a lot more freedom as far as lists go, and you can still keep your theme. Who cares about rule labels, just use the rules!