BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    I've got 2 of the buggers already, im hoping to take one loaded with twin punisher cannons to a local tourney as they have FW allowed. Would be nice to see the valkyries, vendettas and vultures reach their true flyer status in regular 40k, 6th better deliver!

The problem is after seeing that cool Apoc. Vulture formation I want at least three of them. Dropping a strength 5, AP 3, no cover saves allowed Apocalyptic Barrage on some enemies sounds like good times to me. Another issue would be that I would like to outfit my Vultures with the 6 bomb payload but I doubt the Apoc. Barrage template is going to find it's way into regular 40k games.

no uuber pics yet? man - my DE need to rest peacefully with a voidraven.....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by billytwix View Post
    no uuber pics yet? man - my DE need to rest peacefully with a voidraven.....
    It's still an early rumour. The 'first' wave isn't even out yet.

There will be pics about a week before these kits hit the shelves unless we are especially lucky - if the rumour happens to be accurate.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I've asked around, no rumourmonger I'm in communication with and none of my factory sources have heard anything abotu waves ending.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-31-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've asked around, no reumourmonger I'm in communication with and none of my factory sources have heard anything abotu waves ending.
    This doesn't surprise me. There's all this hubbub about waves going away and GW wanting to secure their IP on models... I can understand GW wanting to do this, but their current business model doesn't support it.

One rumor suggests GW will have all models done for a range, so that at least they have their picture in the Codex.. If this is the case, and people see the models without being able to buy them.. well, they'll have a decent picture of what to expect, so they can just convert their own stuff from those images. Doesn't make it any different from the hobbyists perspective.

From Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    Hears some new info...

I expect releases for tau, eldar, dark eldar before end of August.

Based on what I've heard/seen

Eldar are getting a dual kit. A fighter, bomber/heavy attack, and transport were in the works. The heavy attack craft and transport most share a design aesthetic. So this is what I am expecting.

Tau are getting a fighter/gunship in a single kit. Roughly the size of a Stormtalon. Has new missile options. Not the existing tau seekers.
    Rule wise ( remember Im not good at getting accurate rule info, so add your own salt and keep it off the forum please) its supposed to take advantage of markerlights in a different way...allowing for indirect fire on any target in range with a markerlights on it from any other tau unit. This is with all it's weaponry, not just missiles. Or so the rumor goes.
    Tau have a transport flyer also which should be out with the codex, not before.

Dark eldar should finally see their bomber.

And the most interesting bit, which some may have already had a hint of, there is a third Necron flyer, it uses one of the sprues from the new scythe kit...but don't hold your breath for it...I don't expect it until 2013-...ish....

Cheers
    Also regarding the supposed end of waves:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    There has been a lot of chatter being posted about the end to waves. I want to chime in and say this isnt entirely accurate. But the way gw is thinking about wave releases now will make more sense to the community...I think.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-03-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Here's hoping stickmonkey's right!

And here's hoping that what he means about wave releases means that GW will release all kits for a Codex in good time instead of waiting years to release something that most hobbyists have already converted!

Librarian

Hope then he´s right!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

An eldar transport would be interesting. Bet it still wont have assault ramps though :-P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've asked around, no rumourmonger I'm in communication with and none of my factory sources have heard anything abotu waves ending.
    Lucky...I want factory sources! >jealous<

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast