BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats on the free starter!

Lylith isn't a bad starter, but she's got a very limited spell list and tiny command area. If you're getting the starter with no warlock I'd recommend pThagrosh. He's relatively resilient, has some good buffs/debuffs, and in small games his feat (resurrect 1 dead warbeast at full health) is just plain mean.

Searyn would probably be my second choice for a starter warlock.

Edit: By pThagros I mean the non-epic verson. Not the big model with wings, but the smaller one. I'm too used to the shorthand used on the privateer forums.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzahn View Post
    Congrats on the free starter!

Lylith isn't a bad starter, but she's got a very limited spell list and tiny command area. If you're getting the starter with no warlock I'd recommend pThagrosh. He's relatively resilient, has some good buffs/debuffs, and in small games his feat (resurrect 1 dead warbeast at full health) is just plain mean.

Searyn would probably be my second choice for a starter warlock.

Edit: By pThagros I mean the non-epic verson. Not the big model with wings, but the smaller one. I'm too used to the shorthand used on the privateer forums.
    Yea pThagrosh will probably be my first warlock. I will probably get an Angelius, one or two forsaken, a unit of blighted swordmen, and blighted archies. That seems like a good variety of units to start. Anything else I should look into for Legion? Is there an awesome unit that I should really learn to use?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Yea pThagrosh will probably be my first warlock. I will probably get an Angelius, one or two forsaken, a unit of blighted swordmen, and blighted archies. That seems like a good variety of units to start. Anything else I should look into for Legion? Is there an awesome unit that I should really learn to use?
    FYI Mailed out yesterday.

Hex Hunters seem to be pretty popular in our meta. They are buff deniers that wreak havoc on upkeep spells, IIRC.

www.queencityguard.com

Personally, I'd recommend Striders over Archers. Archers aren't bad, but they ideally want to stand still and shoot, which is odd in a faction as mobile as Legion. Striders are a lot better at the "shoot 'n scoot" style.

I think the unit is less $$ too

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    FYI Mailed out yesterday.

Hex Hunters seem to be pretty popular in our meta. They are buff deniers that wreak havoc on upkeep spells, IIRC.
    Thanks so much wittdooley!

And you are right, I might have to get some hex hunters. They seem like a really good unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzahn View Post
    Personally, I'd recommend Striders over Archers. Archers aren't bad, but they ideally want to stand still and shoot, which is odd in a faction as mobile as Legion. Striders are a lot better at the "shoot 'n scoot" style.

I think the unit is less $$ too
    Good advice and I do want to stay mobile. I'll look into Striders!

If you're going Thagrosh, don't hesitate to pick up his personal beast. Typhon and pThagrosh are a nasty combo. People I've faced have treated Typhon like a live grenade that was just shoved into their hand with the pin pulled. They either spend a lot of resources to take him down or they avoid him until they have no choice. When he's with pThagrosh it's often the latter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12