BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Chapter-Master

i was meant to have seen it today with my friends but organising trips a day before isnt a good idea :P

ill probably be seeing the 3d version on saturday so ill post up if theres anything thats exceptional in 3d (or terrible, ala clash of the titans horrible 3d adaption or MiB3's 3d which gave me a headache...)

EDIT: just noticed that malton saw it in 3d, so im curious: how good is the 3d? is it like avatar and brilliant or clash of the titans which was painful or MIB minor headache at points?
    cheers

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

So far it sounds exactly like Avatar. Really pretty, but mediocre content.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

It doesn't open up here 'til the 8th. Don't know when I'll be able to see it, but in general I'm looking forward to seeing if the movie matches my preconceived theories on what it's about (which I posted [url=http://screenrant.com/prometheus-trailer-international-extended-benm-168068/2/]here[/url] - search on "Necron2.0" if you're curious).

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

I saw this yesterday, me and my mate dub it as "predictable yet satisfying".

Also, why do civvies never use weapons!!!
    Also, also, WHY DO YOU NEVER FOLLOW CONTAINMENT PROTOCOLS!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I saw this yesterday, me and my mate dub it as "predictable yet satisfying".

Also, why do civvies never use weapons!!!
    Also, also, WHY DO YOU NEVER FOLLOW CONTAINMENT PROTOCOLS!
    Because horror/action films are not about the 99.99999% of the time the crew does it right, but rather that glorious 0.00001% of stupendous, epic fail.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

Something's a lot scarier when you do everything right to combat it, and it doesn't matter. Making it easy for the eldritch horror makes it boring.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Needs less team-killing f'tards.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

It's lovely in 3D. Not "Avatar" good, but the silica storm is pretty damned awesome, and the sparkly lights were excellent.

Librarian

I Saw it today in IMAX 3D and visually it's amazing...

however i feel the story lacked oomph!

It almost seems as if the movie was deliberately trying not to be an "Alien" movie, but really wanted to be one.

"Alien" as in part of the alien franchise
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

I think it will be a while before we get something "Avatar good". Avatar did two things well, and the first was how visually stunning it was. The second was the fact that something finally dethroned Titanic as the top grossing movie. I hope the Avengers follows suit, though unlike Avatar (or The Dark Knight) I'm probably only going to see the Avengers once in theaters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast