BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, hoping it doesn't mess up Eldar too much. I hate the idea of random psychic powers in 40k so much.

No words on collectors or gamers editions.
    Hopefully they go fluffy with Eldar as supreme psykers and make Farseers loremasters! Going to need FAQs for most Codices as well.

On force organisation, I hope they don't go with just percentages, here's an example of why:

Ubermeltajerkface army: 1,990 pts

Coteaz (100)
    45 squads of 3 melta acolytes (135 total )

More realistic question, if they have a minimum troops percentage should this include/exclude dedicated transports?

On force organisation, I hope they don't go with just percentages, here's an example of why:

Coteaz (100)
    Well, this could be avoided by (and similar min-maxin) by putting min 20% max 60% to troops (or something along those percentages, i am not about to mathammer anything now)

More realistic question, if they have a minimum troops percentage should this include/exclude dedicated transports?
    If not, then how about any other upgrade / addition you can get to your squad (or unit)? In my opinion it affects the units performance, and its bought with it, so i can see no reason why not to include.

not sure if it was BA or BT that can take landraiders as dedicated transports.. 100pts assault squads that counts in the %, and then 200+ pts worth of powerfull upgrade that counts only at the total points of your lists, priceless?
    It wouldn't be any different with the BA 25pts rhinos / razorbacks (always forget the true prices and discounts)..

I kinda understand your point from the eldar & necron point of view with the "mandatory" expensive dedicated transport.. Put the mentioned point stands, it seriously affects (or has the potential to affect) the efficiency of the troops it carries by adding mobility, protection and additional guns to the army.

Even if they are to be "death traps" as some have suggested, they still would bring performance to the unit, only with a greater risk. But that risk is mitigated due to the mutual effects accross all armies (the change to actually blow the vehicle and its passengers up should already be included in the pricing)

Just my 2cents on the matter..

-Wild

Chapter-Master

Well new rumours are suggesting its NOT % based, so we'll just have to wait and see

However consider it as it is now. A Ded transport doesn't take up any of your FoC slots, but it DOES count as a 2nd troops choice for the purposes of deploying in Dawn of War
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

However consider it as it is now. A Ded transport doesn't take up any of your FoC slots, but it DOES count as a 2nd troops choice for the purposes of deploying in Dawn of War
    I have missed this completely, where is it exactly said so? Rulebook, faq/errata?

Rulebook when rolling for Mission Type
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I have missed this completely, where is it exactly said so? Rulebook, faq/errata?
    Have a read of the Dawn of War deployment example. It's explained there pretty well (and in other places, for that matter) that a unit and its dedicated transport are separate units.

Regarding random psychic powers, I think it's more likely that those Disciplines are going to be additional options for psykers, rather than outright replacing their current powers.
    Last edited by Cheexsta; 06-13-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Found out "Multiple unit choices" on p.92 under "Deploy forces".. it indeed states that dedicated transports counts as separate units in all respects.. Funny, through the whole 5th we've played it "wrong" then..

How does this affect IG Platoons then? Its even errated that platoon as a whole is deployed.. but if you have bought chimeras to the troops, then it would count as 6(from transports, 5 from squads 1 from command squad) + 1 from the platoon in itself totalling 7 choices if you wanted to deploy them?

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post

Coteaz (100)

LOL the Avatar and Lord of Fire Ctan would love this list.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567