BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

God so much rules lawyering on whether a Dreadknight or a Furioso Librarian with Wings gets to use this ability. Yes! So much internet arguing.

Anyway, for all we know it might be a free hit at half weapon skill or something like that. It could be awesome, but it could also just be a small bone to throw at the people who claim their jump infantry isn't good enough.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bforber View Post
    God so much rules lawyering on whether a Dreadknight or a Furioso Librarian with Wings gets to use this ability. Yes! So much internet arguing.
    If this rule is true, and applies to jump infantry, then any 'rules lawyering' in this regard will be easy to shut down.

"Moves as/like jump infantry" does not make you jump infantry. You just move like them. No bonus.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    "Moves as/like jump infantry" does not make you jump infantry. You just move like them. No bonus.
    Exactly! Unless of course you misinterpret it for your own advantage (read: cheat)
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Why would GK interceptors get the bonus, but NDK wouldn't? Their means of movement is exactly the same?

Not trying to pick a fight, nor am i trolling, just genuinely wondering.

Its not about realism per se but more like being able to anchor your thought to something believable

I know its easy to say that basic jump pack marines land on top of enemy, hence the hit (i know that if someone would drop a car on me, it would probably hurt abit..)

But then, what about interceptors, they just materialise next to their oppoenents. Unless there is some serious psychic backslash from entering through warp (or whatever the teleportation itself uses as a conduit to movement), there is no similar bang that the assault marines deliver..

Yet, if the interceptors aren't ruled out of having such an ability, then what makes the NDK with teleport pack any different?

Again, not picking up for a fight, just wondering the logic.

Occuli Imperator

If rumours are to be believed nemisis dreadknights would get the MC buff when assaulting
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Hmm, what rumors gave MCs buff (and what kind of buff, i must have missed that)?

Occuli Imperator

Something like this:
    Monstrous Creatures have access to a special "Smash" attack, allowing them to halve their attacks, but double their strength. It mentions that this gives them the ability to destroy tanks more easily.
    ([url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/480/455813.page#4420307[/url])

Chapter-Master

Can my Librarian Dreads do a jump attack at I10 at S10? :P

hmm, that doesnt seem like a grand buff for ndk especially with sword. Str 6-7 +2d6 ap, rerolling pen rolls. Unless ofc, there will be some new modifier to the damage table. 2rolls for each damqge, +1 like current ap1 or similar. Its never been about tanks that cause trouble to the ndk, but infantry. oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Can my Librarian Dreads do a jump attack at I10 at S10? :P
    No.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast