BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I'm freaking apoplectic that ******* Imperial Guard have access to more psychic powers than Eldar.
    I was under the impression from earlier rumours that there may also be race-specific disciplines as well. Maybe not straight away, and maybe not even with the transitional FAQ, but almost certainly with a new codex. Just add this to the long, long list of things that Eldar needs with their next book.

There are no rumours of race specific disciplines, just speculation based on the WFB precedent. All the information we have basically comes from WD and a few people having conversations with sales reps or people briefed on the rules. We have no reason to assume there won't be race specific lores but no reason to assume there will.

If there isn't then Eldar, Orks and Tyranids have been well and truly ****** over.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Here we were thinking that Grey Knights were so broken because they were written for 6th Ed. Little did we know that GW did not think they were powerful enough.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Stucarius View Post
    If the fumble this edition it will be a different company deigning 7th. Or has no one done the math based on GWs financials over the last 8 years. Less than half the market share they had in 2004. If most of the rumors are true then the game will now be very unfriendly for competition. Very.
    Cite your sources!
    [url]http://investor.games-workshop.com[/url] only has the annual reports back to 2009 and do not detail "market share".
    IIRC PWC market analysis gave GW a 94% market share in the '08 AGM
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There are no rumours of race specific disciplines, just speculation based on the WFB precedent. All the information we have basically comes from WD and a few people having conversations with sales reps or people briefed on the rules. We have no reason to assume there won't be race specific lores but no reason to assume there will.
    If we are looking at a 2nd re-vamp then there would be
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

If there isn't then Eldar, Orks and Tyranids have been well and truly ****** over.
    True it's not confirmed, but it would seem very strange even for GW to set up this new mechanic and then not expand it with future books. The current psychic matrix is so Imperium biased, it's ridiculous. Some armies may be left out in the cold forever though.

I'm interested to see how this is actually going to work in practice and whether there will be greater risk of perils style consequences etc. or limits on number of castings and how this will interact with existing powers. Having had my grey knights self destruct repeatedly in the last event I was at, it may not all be upside and if every power needs to share a common pool of power dice or similar Grey Knights may have to be more choosy about what they cast when and massed hammerhanding could be less viable.

Oh I agree, I fully expect there will be race specific disciplines. I just wanted to point out it isn't even rumoured at this point, just speculation.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

I hope to see a return of the Foot of Gork (or was it Mork)?

Chapter-Master

Seriously GW? Eldar only have two powers?

I guess my farseers are just rank amateurs compared to the vaunted librarians.

2 Power TREES. They still have access to 12 spells in addition to the codex.

Eldar aren't massively into Destructive magic are they?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast