BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Fairly sure the power blade description calls them power weapons, plus only the exarch can have them so, what, 4 PW attacks on the charge without grenades isn't that great. Certainly if you expect to be doing a lot of hit and run attacks with them the power blades will help but I wouldn't say they are much improved.
    I think it just says adds +1 attack and ignores armour.
    You are also forgetting that they can shoot before they charge.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

I really like the idea of Draigo and Eldrad meeting up in the warp, but not because Eldrad should survive because he's the 'best.*' It would mean Eldrad's transcended the basest natures of his race.
    Slaanesh is the doom of the Eldar and a part of them. To be able to deny the base nature of his people (the pursuit of pleasure and perfection) so thoroughly as to resist absorption into the gestalt psykic child of his species but to survive in a realm where everything can, will, and never happens when he can't help but look at all possible outcomes would make Eldrad a bit more than the tabletop could contain. I mean, he's seen EVERYTHING and has retained his sanity. He can lead his people from their fate or to the best use of their doom. He might even be able to skip the safety of using runes and use the full psykic might of the Eldar in the blunt manner humans do.
    The big human psykers (Librarians all) all overcame burdens or achieved tasks previously thought impossible, there's no reason Eldrad shouldn't be able to find a way to escape Slaanesh.**

*Or because I'm fairly certain Draigo is a protagonist in 40k Zelda and Eldrad would wait in a cave to tell him "It's dangerous to go alone."
    ** And if people don't like it there's the big retcon button of Tzeench/The Deciever did it.

I realize that this thread is largely done in jest, but it truly is hard for me to have very much sympathy for Eldar players. When your army's theme is "we do everything the best - PLUS we are dying off and filled with angst"...well that delves just a little too far into "sparkle vampire" territory for my tastes. Seriously the entire Eldar army is like the Twilight Saga for 40k (in attitude)

Plus they all wear stupid looking hats. Honestly, how much sympathy am i supposed to feel for them? ;-)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The Tau codex is certainly in worse shape, but Tau haven't been GWs shipping boy for the past thirteen years either.
    And the Eldar are responsible for the Tau's development sooooo...
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    Seriously the entire Eldar army is like the Twilight Saga for 40k (in attitude)

Plus they all wear stupid looking hats. Honestly, how much sympathy am i supposed to feel for them? ;-)
    This made me chuckle, bravo Mr Fish.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Everyone wears silly hats, it's how you know its science fiction.
    Seriously though, it isn't about sympathy more just some acknowledgement that Eldar players have had to put up with an awful lot in the past decade so when they get a bit cranky there are actual reasons for it, not just whining because the book is old or they can't beat everyone without trying (which would be bad).
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    I realize that this thread is largely done in jest, but it truly is hard for me to have very much sympathy for Eldar players. When your army's theme is "we do everything the best - PLUS we are dying off and filled with angst"...well that delves just a little too far into "sparkle vampire" territory for my tastes. Seriously the entire Eldar army is like the Twilight Saga for 40k (in attitude)

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Poor, poor Eldar. They're a dying race that haven't yet realised that they are dying... *cough*squats*cough*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

More reasons to be angry:

1) Our Phoenix Lords have had a combined consciousness for thousands of years, yet get punked in the face by your generic SM captain with a fancy glove every time.

2) Our transports go vrooom vroom fast, but for whatever reason, the ramps all face backwards to let the cheddarheads out.

3) The super tough undead robots we put on the board - for some reason like to eat missile launchers to the face whenever possible.

Chapter-Master

It always annoyed me that a Wraithlords save is 3+.

Basically means that anything that can hurt them (with the exception of poison) relibaly will ignore their save. Melta guns, lascannons, missile launchers, lances all AP3 or better

They may as well not have a save.

Its the fact that the most treasured heirlooms of the eldar race, the Phoenix Lords and Wraith Constructs have no kind of Invuln save.

Yes a Dreadknight is less tough, but it has a 2+ armour save, 5 + invuln and more attacks. And no Wraithsight!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

We need a new codex is what it boils down to, the book was great when it came out but edition creep and a bit of codex creep has really neutered it. I'm actually quite hopeful, 8th edition has shown GW can write a new edition and army books to go with it that are all fairly well balanced against each other. Twelve months...
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast