BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    If you are correct Eldargal this is excellent news indeed. I might even have to take back my earlier post full of doom and gloom. (It was admittedly a knee-jerk reaction at a most unfortunate hour.)
    After my post last night, I can recommend a little salt, and some Chilli sauce for dipping words in! ;
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    If hull points are in, then they better damn skippy have put in the ability for a tanks guns to fire at multiple targets.

r
    As far as rumours go, they can move 6 and fire everything. Don't Eldar carry more weapons than most imperial vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    As far as rumours go, they can move 6 and fire everything. Don't Eldar carry more weapons than most imperial vehicles?
    Not really, they generally have around the same amount of weapons, maybe less in some cases.

I'm reading the Spanish version right now, and it says Chaos Marines can use the regular psychic disciplines in place of the powers in their codex. If they do, they randomly generate a power in place of the power they purchased in the codex. They do not get to use powers out of the codex and then get an equivalent number of free ones from the main rulebook lores. Unless the Eldar rules are significantly different to Chaos, they'll still be paying the exact same points to get their 2 or 3 powers.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 06-20-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Hearing that random charge range is supposedly in is like getting an ice-cream sunday and having the guy who made it tell you there is a small turd nugget in it. It's really putting me off the whole thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    They do not get to use powers out of the codex and then get an equivalent number of free ones from the main rulebook lores.
    Yeah, my mistake; I must've misread that. Still, having access to some relatively cheap psychic powers isn't a bad thing for Chaos.

And yet in the battle report the Daemon Prince has one codex spell and one discipline spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I'm reading the Spanish version right now, and it says Chaos Marines can use the regular psychic disciplines in place of the powers in their codex. If they do, they randomly generate a power in place of the power they purchased in the codex. They do not get to use powers out of the codex and then get an equivalent number of free ones from the main rulebook lores. Unless the Eldar rules are significantly different to Chaos, they'll still be paying the exact same points to get their 2 or 3 powers.
    I'm silly, Farseers are limited to 4 powers they can buyso they coudl get up to 8, not ten. It's been so long since I took more than two I forgot.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    And yet in the battle report the Daemon Prince has one codex spell and one discipline spell.
    And we all know how reliable WD battle reports are for rules It could be the little rules snippet presented with the chart is wrong, but it says pretty clearly it's one or the other. I'm more willing to bet the people writing the battle reports got the rules wrong, as is often the case.

Or we aren't getting a clear picture because we only have a rough breakdown of the rules. If something in WD is wrong it could equally be the wording of the rules governing how CSM choose their abilities.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

I'm silly, Farseers are limited to 4 powers they can buyso they coudl get up to 8, not ten. It's been so long since I took more than two I forgot.
    Are you sure, still doesn't sound right to me. I can't see them having more then 4 powers total. But I can see them mixing and matching unlike imperials which have to stick to a type. 8 powers is a bit much, although on 2nd thought I guess I can't complain, my gk lib can take that many.

FYI, I think they may have just broken GK inquisitors with this update as well. I can already picture my amazing ordos xenos inquis with a psychic power thats actually devestating, although I like hammerhand.

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast