BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Iron Father

Space marine sports tourer, £106.40 with UK postage. Quite a chunk but still tempted.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    @ Jmichael - I didn't remember the chassis being reversed/upsidedown. What WD was this in?
    White Dwarf 119. Yup, you turned the chassis upside down and used the hull of a Rhino for the extension. I personally think it still looks great, and have often thought of making one with the current Land Raider and Rhino chassis (but alas, I play Eldar and SoB now).

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    White Dwarf 119. Yup, you turned the chassis upside down and used the hull of a Rhino for the extension. I personally think it still looks great, and have often thought of making one with the current Land Raider and Rhino chassis (but alas, I play Eldar and SoB now).
    Ahh yes, brings back memories I had two of these bad boys painted for my DA. I can't for the life of me recall what happened to them though, they are sorely missed

As for the FW version I actually love it, though I'll wait to see which chapters can include them first.

Occuli Imperator

Remember when WD had good articles?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    As to "depends on what army it's for:"

To that I say Bollucks. Buy the model if you like it. If you're playing with a group that wont let you use a FW unit because it isn't "technically in their army list" then you're playing with the wrong group.

I'm one of the (apparently only) people that like the Tiny Talon, and I'm painting mine in SW colors to go with my SW assault rams and Storm Eagle.
    I find that quite interesting. The guys I play with are all into the cool Forge World stuff and we're all for trying out new campaigns and expansions, but I don't think we'd go as far as allowing 'cherry-picking' from other Codexes, just because we fancied the model. Surely half the gaming challenge of the hobby is trying to fight your battles with the units you're given in the Codex?

All that said, if it's fun for you guys, then why the hell not! And the irony is that it seems 6th Edition will be allowing us all to 'cherry-pick' to a certain extent!

Laters.

Eldar huh? Why not make one anyways and paint it in Harlequin colors for more old school fun?

Drooooool....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bulveye View Post
    Still got mine also. Not really a big fan of these style LR in general, always thought the exposed track look was kinda outa place and to vulnerable looking.

Just my opinion
    No doubt they'll release some kind of reinforced armour kit for it

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Remember when WD had good articles?
    Yeah, remember that one with that blokes 4 foot high necromunda gaming board in?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Yeah, remember that one with that blokes 4 foot high necromunda gaming board in?
    I do
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

That's the kind of stuff I used to love seeing in it, now it's just look out our new more killy uber unit, look at this painting technique that uses every paint in the range...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast