BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by boo_barr View Post
    Hmm, I see your point now. For someone who started with 5th edition, the current codex feels very different and plenty "chaos-y" compared to the Space Marines codex, but I can see how if I had an older codex that did a better job of representing the different chaos legions, and then that got taken away, it'd certainly feel like a downgrade. I came into it just expecting an overall unified army of chaos marines, and was thrilled with all the different troop types I had along with unique units(Obliterators) and unique rules(Possessed).

you should go to a resale bookstore like Half Price Books, or ask around and see if any of your buddies has the 3.5 'dex, the one written mostly by Pete Haines.

with a semi-related story... i took a buddy of mine to GamesDay-Chicago last year and he loved the Chaos models and that did it for him... he bought a whole Chaos force. we played several games... my Word Bearers against his Nurgle Warband with Typhus. we got to talking about the old codex and i showed him my old copy, i can't throw it out, after looking through it for about 20 minutes he agreed... "Yeah that's a shame." now he collects Necrons... and he wasn't even playing Chaos that long either, just over a year.

<places hand on creepy book> i will not use another book for "counts as" Chaos ever... i will take my lumps till the next vision of Chaos is unveiled. not every Chaos scheme pans out, and a tenant of Chaos is to endure. i will endure and plan my vengeance against the lap dogs of the Corpse-God!!

Grim

Battle-Brother

Chaos is well represented in my area. There are usually at least 3 if not more at every tourney and many people have chaos armies both hobby and heavy.

Brother-Sergeant

As a gaming army, I think there are very few really powerful lists, but those lists which are really powerful are very competitive. I personally like playing my chaos army as a themed force and use them as an opportunity for conversions.

i see the new chaos codex as almost a base for chaos. Its like they started making the codex, got the bones right, then stopped before they fleshed it out. To me theres lots of little problems, but nothing drastically wrong. Add in more options, and a few other changs, and i would be very happy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345