BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chizal View Post
    yep 2000+ points and you get the second FOC

had a game last night, 2 vs 2 with 1500 points each. was crazy to start with but once we had wiped out half of each others armies it was a lot more easier to manage.

all i can say is a full 50 man imp guard detachment in cover with a sanguinary priest supplying FNP takes forever to kill lol
    This is one of the reasons I don't like allies. Bent as combos like this!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Some of these rules are preposterous. No charging out of reserves? I hope the DE and Ork codices FAQ that. Can't keep more than 50% of your army in reserve? Oh, you got 2nd turn against mech IG. So sad.

Thanks for the updates.

Librarian

are you allowed to ally with yourself? this may sound ridiculous but i was wondering about a 2k Necron army and then using 6 Heavy Support (from Doubled FOC) and 2 Allied Heavy (im assuming the allied FOC doubles too) to allow me to take 8 Annihiliation Barges......
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    This is one of the reasons I don't like allies. Bent as combos like this!
    yep i can foresee a lot of major douchery to come in to games with the brothers in arms alliances, we all made our armies then randomised teams last night. being able to count as the same army for abilities is ridiculous
    Last edited by chizal; 06-28-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    are you allowed to ally with yourself? this may sound ridiculous but i was wondering about a 2k Necron army and then using 6 Heavy Support (from Doubled FOC) and 2 Allied Heavy (im assuming the allied FOC doubles too) to allow me to take 8 Annihiliation Barges......
    nope can not ally with your self

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    Some of these rules are preposterous. No charging out of reserves? I hope the DE and Ork codices FAQ that. Can't keep more than 50% of your army in reserve? Oh, you got 2nd turn against mech IG. So sad.

Thanks for the updates.
    Where did you see this? The original poster said:

"reserves come on just like 5th EXCEPT i cant find were it says they do or dont get to assault the turn they move on, it does say it just move the model onto the board using there movement."

Why assume it would not allow them to assault?

Default What about Power Fists/Klaws?

Do they still only give +1 attack when used with another PF/PK?? because I gotta tell you, thats what I hated the most on 5th edition, it killed the effectiveness of every Nob and Boss in 50%!!

Also, I don't quite understand the new vehicle damage table, does this means that I can destroy a land raider only with 4 glancings? (since it looses 1 hull point on every glancing) and when do I use the table? only for penetrant hits?

Thanks!

Hmm, how are the 2000+pts FoC exactly:

a) 2000pts for the first foc, and then whatever left (500-1500pts for example) to the second FoC
    - Result: 2x 2HQ, 6Troop, 3Elite, 3Heavy, 3Fast

b) If the game size is more than 2k, you get to expand the FoC
    - Result: 4x HQ, 12Troop, 6Elite, 6Heavy, 6Fast

EDIT: And is it minimum of 2x or 4x troops?

There is a major difference in some cases..

Also, does 2000+pts doubling effect also affect Allies slots:
    Totalling 2HQ, 4Troop, 2Elite, 2Heavy, 2Fast

And what about Fortifications? Are they separate 'extra' FoC entry, or do you get to take 2 Fortress of Redemptions aswell?

Clarifications very much appreciated. (as well as all your thus far contributions!)
    Last edited by Wildcard; 06-28-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madgretchin View Post

Also, I don't quite understand the new vehicle damage table, does this means that I can destroy a land raider only with 4 glancings? (since it looses 1 hull point on every glancing) and when do I use the table? only for penetrant hits?

Thanks!
    indeed that is the case

not looking forward to playing necrons with these rules
    Last edited by chizal; 06-28-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Hmm, how are the 2000+pts FoC exactly:

a) 2000pts for the first foc, and then whatever left (500-1500pts for example) to the second FoC
    - Result: 2x 2HQ, 6Troop, 3Elite, 3Heavy, 3Fast

b) If the game size is more than 2k, you get to expand the FoC
    - Result: 4x HQ, 12Troop, 6Elite, 6Heavy, 6Fast

EDIT: And is it minimum of 2x or 4x troops?

There is a major difference in some cases..

Also, does 2000+pts doubling effect also affect Allies slots:
    Totalling 2HQ, 4Troop, 2Elite, 2Heavy, 2Fast

And what about Fortifications? Are they separate 'extra' FoC entry, or do you get to take 2 Fortress of Redemptions aswell?

Clarifications very much appreciated. (as well as all your thus far contributions!)

2000+ is 2 FOC with the min/max of each so 4x HQ, 12Troop, 6Elite, 6Heavy, 6Fast - min 2 hq 4 troop
    and if i read it right its the same with allies you can take one ally FOC per 'primary' FOC

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast