BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    Hormaguants do get 3d6 pick the highest and a re-roll for runs.
    Hi Chris. Unfortunately, we can no longer charge after running. It's one or the other (or have I totally got that wrong?).
    Isn't normal running, in general, 2d6 now? So Hormies roll 3d6 and pick the highest TWO. Right, it's not even in the dang FAQ.
    But do they get an extra die for charging too? I haven't read my codex in a year
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

hahaha take that halberds

running is stil D6

Black Templars getting rage instead of preferred enemy may have been a step up considering what they did to preferred enemy. It's still worse than 5th, but I think the FAQ helped. I haven't run the math yet on 6th edition rage vs preferred enemy, but I know for certain that a jump chaplain with a squad of assault marines is going to destroy things.

Quote Originally Posted by krittoris View Post
    TYRANIDS THERES A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

all ur monstrous creatures like carnifex's ect are now OP and in ur faq expect them to have eternal warrior type rule
    Seems he was lying.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

dude FEAR IS AWESOME.....unless your fearless.....or ATSKNF....soooooo what does this rule work on again?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    dude FEAR IS AWESOME.....unless your fearless.....or ATSKNF....soooooo what does this rule work on again?
    Everyone else.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Nobz and several other Ork units, Necrons, IG. That's certainly not an insignificant list.

Tyranids can't use the new fortifications
    Yes, they can, I'm pretty sure. They just have to use the automated turrets, but that's only 1 BS point difference most of the time anyways. You're better off than orks.

new wound allocation system greatly hurts horde "cc" armies
    No, the new rules are indifferent to hordes. Instead, they severely hurt deathstar units like Paladins. No more will you nidz have to worry about Driago and friends laughing their way through your army. The new rules are a net buff to nidz.

have no AA weapons at all
    No one does.

the nerf to fleet which sees all armies gain the same threat range for CC, etc.
    Fleet is still faster, though not quite as fast in comparison. But the vehicle rules, which made most other armies much faster than nidz already, are significantly nerfed. Being faster on foot is a much bigger deal than it used to be, and nidz still have that advantage.

It's like GW put in all these cool new features into 40k then looked at Nids and said "NOT you Tyranids, you go sit in that corner and think about what you have done".
    Except you're also ignoring all the things that benefit 'nidz. Vehicle spam is done for, which in and of itself is a huge, huge boost to 'nidz. The changes to vehicle damage with hull points and hitting on a 3+ means that 'nidz are much better at killing tanks now. This was one of the nidz greatest weaknesses in 5th, and the single biggest thing that held them back from being competitive. And now it's gone.

No Retreat is also gone. That's huge. Horde units are now significantly better. Elite armies can't just tank a turn of attacks and rely on No Retreat to end combat quickly. Now they have to take a couple extra turns of hits, slowing them down, preventing them from hitting other units, and forcing them to to take more wounds while doing less damage.

Monstrous Creatures have also been buffed. It's easier to get cover saves, even if most cover is a 5+. MCs got a number of neat new rules, far beyond just Fear.

So, sure, not everything was great for nidz. But considering a lot of nerfs that hit other armies, I would call it a net win right now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

The big changes I noticed:

Tau lose the ability to split fire with Targetting Lock. It's been completely removed.

Black Templars lose Preferred Enemy from AAC and gain Rage instead. BT seem to have taken the largest hit - their Furious Charge terminators no longer strike at I5 on the charge because Furious Charge only adds +1S.

The Necron Command Barge is now a Chariot and ungodly amazing.

The Chaos Daemons Chariot is not a Chariot.

Combat Squads work differently (two combat squads can embark on the same transport)

Flash Gitz ignore cover entirely.

Waaagh didn't get any improvements to make it more workable in 6th. And Ghazghkull's "Prophet of the Waaagh" is kind of useless now. You get an automatic 6" on your run distance, but you can't assault afterwards. Since you can't Waaagh on your first turn, it's pretty much only useful if you're planning a turn 3 assult after you Waaagh on turn 2.

Dark Angel's named Librarian is only psychic mastery 1 (lawl, poor Ezekial).
    Last edited by Lerra; 06-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Probably the most biggest nerf took the Grey Knights (not saying they possibly didn't need it, but general effectiveness dropped)

Most biggest? Really?

- Forceweaps from ap2 -> ap3
    Honestly, I'm gonna say this isn't actually that big of a deal. I never wanted to get into CC with Terminators anyways. I just storm boltered them. And since transports are nerfed, I don't have to worry as much about Land Raiders delivering them to my doorstep before I have a chance to deal with them.

- No units with skyfire, and only stormravens to fight aerial combats (and they do have more important tasks - like working as an assault transport)
    No one really has any skyfire, though. So the fact that GKs have a flyer at all puts them on pretty good footing, better off than some armies.

- Dreadknight lost the 2d6 pen to vehicles, with such a big target, and few attacks, it truly weights less on the scale when compared to less-than-half-the-points dreadnoughts.. Sv2+ and character status will make up a bit for that, yet it still remains questionable..
    Nope, the Dreadknight got a big boost.

Remember how Dreadknights have Doomfists? And how Doomfists are DCCW? And how DCCW only double the strength of walkers? And thus how Dreadknights are only Str 6?

Not any more. 6th ed changed that. Doomfists are straight double strength. Dreadknights are str 10, and since you still hit on rear armor that means armor penetration basically doesn't matter. And since you now hit all vehicles on at least a 3+, you're much better overall.

Plus there's Fear and all that other stuff MC's get.

- Lots of new special rules (or atleast ones that i am not familiar with from the 5th ed.) that GK can't use. I know that this goes for all the current armies, yet, GK being so new, i have no expectations to see new release for a while..
    Lots of new special rules that no one can use. On the other hand, the Strategic warlord traits and a number of aspects of the game promote the use of reserves now, and GKs are one of the best armies in the game at deepstriking/scouting/outflanking all over the place, if you build your list right.

- Psykers being fortified en masse! GK hardly benefits from the new general psychic skills. They already got lots of formidable skills that they can tailor for use, but to take a psyker means less captains / grand masters, Brotherhood Champions etc really important HQ options.
    But psychic defenses got a big nerf overall. No more 24" psychic hoods to block half your powers.

- Nor 6th or its 1st round of FAQs did change the fact that name HQs (other than draigo on paladin heavy, and crowe on purifier heavy lists) are worth taking.. And its shame, there are many HQs that would seem to be cool, yet first round DSing mordrak, or captain friendly fire etc. just aren't cutting it..
    GKs, of all the armies in the game, have the widest variety of available competitive lists. Coteaz is no longer auto-include because acolyte vehicle spam is now mostly worthless due to the vehicle nerf. Same thing with Crowe and Purifier spam. Driago and friends suffer from the change to wound allocation, big time.

What other cheesy special characters are there in the GK codex? The ugly stuff got a nice little nerf, without being too severe, and a number of less taken units got some nice buffs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I stand by my words: 6th Edition will bring Carnifexes back.

5 re-rolling 3+ to hit attacks vs vehicles at str 10, AP2, I4. Plus a Plasma Cannon.
    That's gunna smash vehicles. Oh, and you might get 1 more attack from Rage.

That's pretty much, hands down, automatic dead vehicle to almost every vehicle in the game.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast