BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer13 View Post
    I'm minially annoyed they nerfed barage weapons
    Sure they might scatter more if you can see the target, but you can snipe with them, as wound allocation for barrage is calculated from the center of the blast. I'd say that's an improvement in power.

the biggest disappointment is they never bothered to change blast weapons into something that made sense. Instead of making them operate like they should, a hit gets a blast dead on and a miss will scatter.. they just went 'nah it's fine'.. so a miss means nothing happens and a hit can still miss completely.

woo.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neelam View Post
    I think saying "completely incapable" is a bit harsh , deal with Flyers the same way you do in Apoc - weight of fire. They're a bit easier to take down as well without the -12" rule.

Most flyers are armor 10-12 so you only need Str 6 or 7 weapons.

Had a rifleman dreadnought that downed a stormraven + stormtalon 1 turn after another when they were using the apoc flyer rules.
    Any plan that involves 'roll a ton of 6's' is a terrible one.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You're looking at a 33% chance of hitting per shot with psyrifle dreads, the odds aren't as bad as it seems . Just like psycannons taking down land raiders with rate of fire.

Chaplain

I would give an opinion on the book but UPS has decided that I shouldn't get my book until Monday despite the fact I ordered it last Saturday. if I know this s*** was going to happen I would have either gone and picked one up in store or ordered one from an indie store that was selling them on Thursday. I feel completely ripped off as I spent my free time sitting at home waiting for it to arrive.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post

Shhhh, we want to think riflemen dreadnaughts are still good, well until I put three twin linked lascannon sots with +1 to the damage table through it's face that is.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neelam View Post
    You're looking at a 33% chance of hitting per shot with psyrifle dreads, the odds aren't as bad as it seems . Just like psycannons taking down land raiders with rate of fire.
    Psycannons have never been particularly good against Land Raiders, just capable. But it's still much easier to kill a Land Raider than to take down an AV12 flyer. A single str 7 rending shot has an 11% chance of glancing/penning a Land Raider. Against an AV12 flyer, it's only half that.

So, yes, it's possible. That's never been in doubt. But spending your entire army's shooting trying to just hit a zooming skimmer carries the massive opportunity cost of not shooting the rest of your opponent's army. That's a really, really poor tradeoff.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Default #1 problem

i've read all but the mission, terrain and vehicle rules so far.

#1 problem i've found with this edition is that wound allocation is HORRIBLE. did you think it was difficult in 5th? a lot of people did, but the diagrams helped a bit. 6th ed wound allocation is a mess.

it's really telling when you get through the first part of wound allocation, breathe a sigh of relief, and then see the next part that begins with "Oh, if you're shooting against mixed armor, well forget all that and do it totally different."

...and then it goes on to say "Oh, if you thought you kind of understood wound allocation from shooting, try wound allocation from close combat! it's even more awesome (read: fail!)."

i mean, seriously, when two units are sandwiched together in an assault, why would i EVER want to determine which enemy model is closest? who came up with that? if there is a tie, you ask your opponent which model he wants to choose to allocate a wound to? and then you have to re-measure to see which model is closest? and then you keep repeating that process?! wtf.

let's all keep in mind that the reason they did all this was to make sure that special models could not hide in squads. for that reason, they extended the length of every game? give me a break.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by harveydent View Post
    i've read all but the mission, terrain and vehicle rules so far.

#1 problem i've found with this edition is that wound allocation is HORRIBLE. did you think it was difficult in 5th? a lot of people did, but the diagrams helped a bit. 6th ed wound allocation is a mess.

it's really telling when you get through the first part of wound allocation, breathe a sigh of relief, and then see the next part that begins with "Oh, if you're shooting against mixed armor, well forget all that and do it totally different."

...and then it goes on to say "Oh, if you thought you kind of understood wound allocation from shooting, try wound allocation from close combat! it's even more awesome (read: fail!)."

i mean, seriously, when two units are sandwiched together in an assault, why would i EVER want to determine which enemy model is closest? who came up with that? if there is a tie, you ask your opponent which model he wants to choose to allocate a wound to? and then you have to re-measure to see which model is closest? and then you keep repeating that process?! wtf.

let's all keep in mind that the reason they did all this was to make sure that special models could not hide in squads. for that reason, they extended the length of every game? give me a break.
    I do not like wound allocation either, but it's not horrible in practice.

However, it is not to keep IC's from hiding in units. IC's are nigh unkillable while in a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon-neko View Post
    I do not like wound allocation either, but it's not horrible in practice.

However, it is not to keep IC's from hiding in units. IC's are nigh unkillable while in a unit.
    i meant it is to keep special weapons and sergeants from hiding and not being removed on a more regular basis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast