BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

yeah voidravens look more and more likely to take with the voidbomb and likely to survive more than 1 turn to fire implosion missiles ... im almost tempted to take 4 of them now but then again it is an 11/11/10 vehicle that costs more than a landraider :/

It's an 11/11/10 vehicle can only be hit on 6s and gets 5+ cover save and 5++ save and with nightshields reduced range further too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

oh yeah it is awesome no doubts there but i could just take 2 naked ones for 5pts more without missiles but thats ok 2 bombs and 4 s9 lances ...

meanwhile fast attack slots just became great deciding between reavers and beastmasters

not sure if i will go back to a hybrid shooting with combat support yet as it looks like i may need some if for no other reason than to just slow things up now and again

Someone on Warseer was saying Hellions are now utterly brilliant too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Helvexis, it's worth noting that the same setup would now utterly dominate said Deathwing list. The new wound allocation means that things would start dying quickly, and the potential allies addition could end up essentially doubling the saves your opponent has to make.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm loving the power spear.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

On the topic of power weapons: a thought occurred to me. If I'm reading the entry properly, a Succubus can take 2 power weapons ('a succubus can exchange her close combat weapon and/or splinter pistol for the following' is the wording I think; codex is out of hand at the moment). Two power weapons is 30 pts. Instead of the old 'agoniser, blast pistol, haywire' combo, take a 'twin power weapons and haywire' combo for similar cost. Model one power weapon as a power axe, model the other as one of the remaining three PW types. A sword is nice and balanced, while a spear provides an excellent weapon for the charge, and a mace is for lower AP enemies (charging a horde of orks, for instance). You can use the axe against tough stuff, and switch to the other weapon for things that don't need the high AP.

What do you all think?

ah yeah id forgotten about the new allocating ... that would make it alot easier.

yes helions look like they became very good and the ability to drag an independant character out of a unit might be really useful if people are putting 2+ guys at the front.

i think its replace pistol with blast pistol and replace ccw with pw, agonizer, venom blade with the option to replace ccw and pistol for any of the wych weapons.

power spear on a jetbike charging in to help wyches may be almost an idea and it will look cool ... or you could just take a unit of shining spears

shame about the mandrakes becoming even more useless but i didnt use them anyway.

pretty much everything in our FA slot got a good buff im really liking this

I just double checked, and the entry does indeed say 'replace close combat weapon and/or splinter pistol with:', as does the Archon's entry. Unless there's something else in the rules against taking two of the same close combat weapon, Succubi and Archons can take two different power weapons.

Now, I don't have the rulebook yet (despite pre-ordering, the dang thing is still working its way through the postal service), so I only have what's been posted on the net to work with, but it seems like a Succubus w/ two PWs and haywires wouldn't be too bad as a Wych cult HQ (neglecting for the moment whether a wych cult is all that effective given the new rules for overwatch and what not). 100 pts gets you 5 attacks base at WS 8 with the ability to switch between two different weapon profiles, grenades for use in the shooting phase (unless I'm misunderstanding the new rules about throwing 'nades), and all the usual Wych abilities (Drugs, 4++ save in assault, etc). Not too shabby.

Now if only GW had the decency to allow Wychs' Dodge saves to apply vs. Overwatch shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post

As for the Webway Portal, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm sure everyone will be better off looking into an extra 15 points for Aegis Defence Lines, and making something suitably elf-y to represent them.
    The WWP is not dead, it's just different, I've had great succes with mine to get fields of fire my opponent didn't expect as well as become able to reach out and touch someone anywhere on the table with my Reavers and then get the hell out of dodge again.

As for mandrakes, I freaking love them, I've had them in two games now and both times they have been gamewinners.
    First turn apply Hemo to them for pain token, then blast something to bits, if they get charged they actually have a decent chance to put out hurt due to sheer amount of fire.
    They are also one of the few DE units who doesn't fear template weapons due to their invulnerable save and they are not bad in assault themselves either with S4 and 2 base attacks.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast