BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Captain Shrike - rending lightning claws...
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Blood Angels Death Company got a big buff with rage now granting +2A on the charge. If you really want to go nuts, take a 8 men DC squad, add Lemartes, attach the Sanguinor, stuff them all in a stormraven with a blood talon DC dread.

Each DC thus gets 2 base + 2 rage + 1 for dual CCW + 1 from the Sanguinor's aura of fervour on the charge. That's 6A for each DC on the charge, so on average you are looking at a rend per model with re-rolls on everything. Probably now one of, if not the hardest hitting take all comers CC units in the game with a price tag to match.

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    attach the Sanguinor
    I'm pretty sure the Sanguinor cannot attach to units because he lacks the Independent Character special rule. Might be wrong though

5 beastmasters 3 khymerae for the invulnerable save up front and 8 razorwing flocks is 48 rending attacks on the charge, 10 attacks from the bm and 12 s4 attacks from the khymerae presuming they make it.

i think i would have 1 flock and one khymerae at the front so i could try to sock up some small arms on a flock and the instant death on the other ... or take a fiend for the extra wounds and high str attacks

its a huge shame the flocks are $21au per BASE! ... ... ...
    Last edited by helvexis; 07-05-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Librarian

Helvexis, the smart way to do those flocks is to buy a Fantasy flying horde unit like Fell Bats and count-as for your units. Same for all of the beasts actually--get something unique to fantasy, paint it up weird, attach some guitar wire (the future is tubes and hoses, apparently) and voila: instant beast pack.

BTW plawolf, the Sanguinor is not an independent character. He cannot join units.

Beastmasters are characters so they can look out sir on 4+.

FYI for beastmaster greatness.

10 kymerea and 6 razorwings = 76 attacks, 36 rending.

more fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    Blood Angels Death Company got a big buff with rage now granting +2A on the charge. If you really want to go nuts, take a 8 men DC squad, add Lemartes, attach the Sanguinor, stuff them all in a stormraven with a blood talon DC dread.

Each DC thus gets 2 base + 2 rage + 1 for dual CCW + 1 from the Sanguinor's aura of fervour on the charge. That's 6A for each DC on the charge, so on average you are looking at a rend per model with re-rolls on everything. Probably now one of, if not the hardest hitting take all comers CC units in the game with a price tag to match.
    Sanguinor isn't an independent character, he cannot join squads.

Also Death Company do not have rending... that was only in the white dwarf release. Which is no longer valid.

If you're planning on spending that many points for Sanguinor you might as well just give them Jump Packs, increase their maneuverability and give them the potential if Hammer of Wrath hits.

I wouldnt really call it "Kings of CC" you still need to roll 6s to wound. It also depends on whom you are fighting. Ill take a squad of GK with force swords over any rending troops vs MEQ armor all day long.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I wouldnt really call it "Kings of CC" you still need to roll 6s to wound. It also depends on whom you are fighting. Ill take a squad of GK with force swords over any rending troops vs MEQ armor all day long.
    You're welcome to, but a squad of regular GK have 1 attack base, each.

Most units that have rending attacks or weapons have at least 2 attacks (or more) per model.

To each his own.
    Though I think it's high time I look into getting some GK as Imperial allies now...finally an excuse to paint some of those models.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Haha I am of the opinion that it is better to kill several models without them getting a save than wounding double the amount but allowing a 66% save...

I love my Wraiths, but there have been plenty of times where I roll in, cause 6+ wounds, and have them shrugged off as none rend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast