BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Necrons are a major winner for now. That will change imo when the meta fully changes to only have very little armor at all (if any) and we will have to see how they fare without all the new psychic powers.

I'd also like to add that Eldar don't suck as bad as people keep QQing about. I have a footdar build with ally DE for the warriors and a cheap hq and dominated my friends SW army. When I say dominate, I mean dominate. He would usually kick my balls because of the leaf blowers.

I haven't had the chance to get my Nids on the board but I am looking very forward to it. Stacking Zoans backed by a Swarmlord, yup that's the pain.

I haven't done the DW fully deepstriked tactic for a long time, and with the armor buff, I probably wont either. It does hurt that I used LR as a transport for the deathstar squad. Need to re-plan and rethink.

I feel the only real nerfs were justified or hurt only very dated codexs. Yes Eldar always scream murder because the only trick pony they learned to play for years has to be changed. No more mech, roll face with an Avatar. Trust me you'll love it.

Change is good.

Zoas with Swarmy? ow my nads...

Chapter-Master

Footdar got a relative buff. It's just eldar vehicles that all took a big hit, and that's what most eldar players relied on. Eldar will have to adapt a bit. But rapid-fire splinter weapons on foot squads are pretty good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarlen Fireblade View Post
    Don´t forget not losing half the orks on board to "Stand Firm" ruling out of fearless...
    That was the No Retreat I mentioned.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    i cant believe all the eldar whiners here i havent played eldar since their dex came out i am playing them now and doing very well

vibro cannons just insta kill flyers and vehicles 3 vibro cannons 150 points 1 dead vehicle a round
    Very interesting point, I suppose at least they have a use now. Before they were just pathetic and useless, hull points have now made them scary.
    pathfinders rock now TROOPS PEOPLE THEY ARE TROOPS 2+ cover save
    Still too expensive, even with sniper.
    eldar deny all psychic armies.. news flash eldar stop GK butt cold no more all psychic all the time
    The thing is, Grey Knights don't need their psychic powers to be good, the powers are just a bonus on top of all of the other stuff they have.
    wraith guard have a use now insta kill or glance to death
    Wraithguard have always been good, the reason you rarely see people using them is that they cost a stupid amount of money.
    dire avengers always sucked .. guardians ditto
    Dire Avengers were, and still are, actually pretty damned good. The buff to rapid fire now makes them a lot less impressive though. Guardians I agree, we all know they're rubbish. I yearn for Black Guardians to return for Ulthwe.
    jet bikes rock.. swooping hawks hello
    Jetbikes are indeed a lot better now due to the (usually) further movement in the assault phase. I hope they hurry up with the new models though, as the current old ones look daft. (mainly the silly directly pointed-up hat) Swooping hawks? Still crappy. If they could assault flyers like they should be able to, then they might see use.
    jesus stop whining and think for a change

templars dead and shelved

wolves got shaved.. why would you ever take ragnar now? you wont.. if the flakk missle is a standard upgrade... long fangs will be the only heavy you ever see for them
    Wolves are still just as good. The buff to rapid-fire weapons has just made them better just like any marines. Also, you imply that Long Fangs weren't already their best Heavy Support anyway.

DE didnt get anything special they still die horribly to shooting and lose close combat now nothing changed the ap3 weapons still kill them .. oh they get their @#$%s cut off assaulting now thank you GW
    Having jink for free is good for DE, as now we don't have to spend out on Flickerfields. Reavers now get a 4+ jink save and even when they're firing their guns. Haywire Wyches are now pretty much guaranteed to wreck any vehicle. Warriors got a great buff just as all rapid-fire did, and they can now shoot full range from a moving Raider, so Splinter Racks will see use. Raiders died easily to almost anything before anyway, if anything they're better off now that they're more likely to be killed by Hull Point removal rather than one shot. Night vision on everything is awesome. Their flyers got better. The only thing that really sucks is the pointless nerf to Furious Charge and Power Weapons. Other than that they got a lot of great things. Their overall forces got a lot better, but their Characters were mostly kicked in the nads by the Power Weapon nerf.

IG both hit and miss.. hydra flakks own the sky.. but the fact they cant shoot anything else is stupid
    armor is done for so thats a curse to them as well
    Hydras were pretty stupid, I think it's a good thing that they're only able to do anti-flyer now, they were crazy for their cost before.

GK lost a lot with all the psychic denial..armor isnt as sturdy anymore gk are still susceptable to ap2 and ap1 weapons so that didnt change in cc tho they are now nasty..

Orks...got snot pounded
    They don't have nearly as much trouble with metal boxes as they used to. In fact I can think of very little validation behind this one.
    Tau... remains to be seen
    Seem to be a lot better.
    vanilla marines...werent anything special before not any more now
    BLOOD ANGELS got some boosts may be some hope there
    Dark Angels... when the dex comes
    Obligatory text.
    Last edited by Anggul; 07-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.

I'd also like to add that Eldar don't suck as bad as people keep QQing about. I have a footdar build with ally DE for the warriors and a cheap hq
    But you see, this isnt an ELDAR build, it is a Eldar/DE Hybrid. You shouldnt have to take Allies to be feasible. Eldar need a new codex, they are sitting on my shelves until they get one.

GW shot themselves in the foot with the introduction of hull points. All those expensive *** tanks gonna be sitting on their shelves, not getting bought. My 90pts annihilation barge took out a dreadnought and one of them FW giant storm raven fliers yesterday by glancing them both to death in 1 volley each.

Actually there is some debate about the vibrocannon rule, it states that any vehicle hit by a vibrocannon takes one hit, and as the battery fires as one unit it is unclear if vehicles take one or 3 hits.

Pathfinders remain expensive and while good they have a low volume of fire.

Eldar psykers are very good now, that is true.

Wraithguard have always been good, but they remain expensive both in points and pounds.

Dire Avengers remain good (I also have to question the knowledge of anyone claiming they suck), Guardians do indeed remain terrible.

Jetbikes have indeed received a welcome boost.

Swooping Hawks remain bad, assuming a squad of five survive along enough to use their haywire to glance a vehicle to death they won't survive the ensuing explosion and shooting phase.

Yay, a few units got boosted! That totally makes up for:
    Holofields being useless
    Howling Banshees being reduced in effectivenes against armour
    Having to stand around for a turn after disembarking instead of assaulting.
    Scorpions no longer being able to assault after infiltrating.
    Wave Serpents, already extremely overpriced, being even more fragile and useles than before (inability to assault after disembarking)
    Saves against dangerous terrain have hit the Nightspinners efficiency
    Overwatch reducing the effectiveness of how already overpriced assault troops
    Virtually all our FW units bar the Warp Hunter and hornets being nerfed to hell.

So now if I want a viable Eldar army, instead of being able to take a farseer, some banshees, fire dragons, dire avengers, falcons, war walkers, nightspinners, jetbikes, striking scorpions, wave serpents, wraithguard etc. I now have a choice of: Farseers, pathfinders, jetbikes, support batteries and wraithguard? Hurrah!

I have always played mech Eldar because it is fluffy and I like the way it plays and looks on the battlefield. Now I can't, so I'm extremely angry about it. I have always taken Howling Banshees and had great results despite what the internet says, now they simply aren't viable because there is no way to get them in contact with the enemy without them being shot to pieces.

Also, I have played some games. I receieved my 6th edition book early and was playing practise games against my brothers while everyone else was still collecting theirs from the shop.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

My Footdar would work just fine without the DE elements. I use Dires, Dragons, Banshees and Avatar Wraithlords and with DE warriors and a cheap HQ.

That being said my friend who plays Eldar as well did very well with pathfinders. You can spout how expensive they are but the tactical advantage they add is more than worth the points. Taking out a squad leader can win you a CC.

Eldar are not nearly in as bad a position as nids. My footdar list does quite well with over watch and focus fire. CC got hurt bad. Chaos khorne berserkers got hit hard badly. Their transports got hit bad and their mobility is flat out bad. I have a build that people would say is "shelved". But I could care less, I will play HOW I want with WHAT I want, and I will not cry a river over losing. I will have fun for playing.

The difference is 'nids were crap before and a lot of their stuff has been boosted slightly. Still a bad codex but things have gotten better, not worse. In contrast for Eldar our vehicles are basically pointless pointsinks, rendering a huge number of builds non-viable while moderately buffing footdar. I don't consider that a good tradeoff myself.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The difference is 'nids were crap before and a lot of their stuff has been boosted slightly. Still a bad codex but things have gotten better, not worse. In contrast for Eldar our vehicles are basically pointless pointsinks, rendering a huge number of builds non-viable while moderately buffing footdar. I don't consider that a good tradeoff myself.
    Tell that to my pile of useless chaos and marine Rhinos. Difference is, I don't feel the need to cry about it. I just roll a different list.

Yes Nids had a bad dex, and no allies hurts. Nids also have very very few viable builds.That's the hand they were dealt and the hand that me, and other nid players, have to deal with.

All transports are crappy. I wont be using ghost arcs, Rhinos, Wagons, or Wave serpents anymore. Not going to cry about how they aren't as good anymore. Just going to roll a list that has to evolve to new rules.

I was pretty pissed I had to invest so much money in transports just to have them sit, but that's how GW sells models. And to go online and cry about balance seems pointless to me. Warhammer 40k is very similar to League of Legends in terms of balance, New characters/codex > Old characters/codex. That's how each company makes money. Sell new stuff. That's just how it is.

Gee, I'm so sad your T4 3+ armies 35pt transports are no longer viable, that really makes me feel much better that my T3 4/5+army can no longer use their 100pt plus transports.

Also, pointing out that a codex has been hit hard by 6th is no 'crying' or 'whining', my first post on the subject was quite matter of fact. Eldar needed a new book before and we need a new book now, the difference is now hte number of viable builds is halved. I could adapt, or I could accept that I'm going to have to wait for a new book before I can play my army the way I want. Nothing about this is 'crying'.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast