BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Really nice, but can I ask what happen to the 2nd Company Captain? I didn't see him in any of the other pages.
    Last edited by GreyHunter; 09-19-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    "THE BLOOD ANGELS HAVE RETURNED. WE AVENGE NINE HUNDRED-AND-FIFTY DEAD. TIME ALONE DOES NOT HEAL OUR WOUNDS." - Captain Raphael, Blood Angels 1st Company

Nice stuff Aventine, this and the pretties in the Badab codex have set me on to the path of the Lamenters as well. As I'd promised myself no more 40K marine armies, I've been forced into an Epic one instead. So far, 3 hours + 1 rhino = 0 points. That's a massive rate of zero points per hour! Extrapolating, by Christmas, I could have as much as zero points. Better paint some infantry...

Oh and start another epic thread and see if it floats.

My Lamenters question is:

Is there a set system for company colours/numbers/woolly hats around for the Lamenters anywhere? Or are they a "casual" chapter in that regard?
    Last edited by Morat; 09-17-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: To actually -add- the question I'd originally posted to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Morat View Post
    Nice stuff Aventine, this and the pretties in the Badab codex have set me on to the path of the Lamenters as well. As I'd promised myself no more 40K marine armies, I've been forced into an Epic one instead. So far, 3 hours + 1 rhino = 0 points. That's a massive rate of zero points per hour! Extrapolating, by Christmas, I could have as much as zero points. Better paint some infantry...

Oh and start another epic thread and see if it floats.

My Lamenters question is:

Is there a set system for company colours/numbers/woolly hats around for the Lamenters anywhere? Or are they a "casual" chapter in that regard?
    There is nothing official, besides them being Codex. I make Veterans heads red...

Quote Originally Posted by GreyHunter View Post
    Really nice, but can I ask what happen to the 2nd Company Captain? I did see him in any of the other pages.
    woops

Master Valentin, Captain of the 2nd

Brother-Sergeant

Great stuff all around, really impressive- especially the army display part. The Drop pod about to go "friendly fire" is a nice background tie-in, and great black humour at the same time.

Only thing I'm not fond of are those other Chapter Symbols on some of the metal HQs, like the Ravenwing stuff on the Jetbike and the Ultramarine Icons on some others, but really, that's just a minor problem. Great overall work on a chapter that needs some more love badly.

Brother-Sergeant

Lovely work. I've taken up Lamentors for my Space Hulk terminators after trying out the colours on a test piece. The foundation paints are a godsend!

My only critique would be the U symbol on the old Sicarius model. Why did you leave it on?
    http://www.mywargame.com/

Cheers Aventine, he looks great. I really like the head.
    "THE BLOOD ANGELS HAVE RETURNED. WE AVENGE NINE HUNDRED-AND-FIFTY DEAD. TIME ALONE DOES NOT HEAL OUR WOUNDS." - Captain Raphael, Blood Angels 1st Company

So I have been wanting to use Vortex of Doom lately, but couldn't really see doing it unless I made my Librarian 'relentless' by putting him in Terminator armour. So I picked up this bad boy.

Also been looking through the new Space Wolves book and a few things have been clicking for me. I realized that with their four HQs and numerous heroic Wolf Guard, that the army list would be perfect if I ever wanted to field all my Captain models in one army. Then you just thing of that servo skull as a psyber raven, and I suddenly just painted up a pretty cool 'counts as' Njal. I'll post a list when I come up with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234