BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

exactly where was their list illegal?

i counted HQ, 1x elite, 3x troops, and 1x FA for tau, 1 HQ and 2 troops for the orks allies. so far, it fits.

First-Captain

No battlesuit commander, and no support systems on the broadsides. Sorry but if you base a tau list only on it's 1 hq 2 troops and what not, then you don't know tau all that well.
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

Anyone know if the tetra gets a run move after it shoots markerlights? Considering it's not really firing a weapon of damage. Just curious. The more I play them the more people go after them full force. And also is it still 12" and fire markerlights or can you move further now? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    nope. won't see all of that because, the guy only has two of the models you listed. He's got a doom/night scythe, annihilation barge, doomsday ark, immortals, Obryn and his buddy, guards, wraiths, a spyder and some immortals.

My plan is 2x2 broadsides, hammerhead with either the plasma variant or the RG, lotsa suits, lotsa tx42's, lotsa tetras, two or three squads of firewarriors.. and some DE nastiness.
    Roger that.

My guy I fight all the time uses the warrior factory spam,, flyer transports, a sniper deathstar squad, while using the triarch stalkers to make everything it hits twin linked for the rest of the army.

He'll run heavy destroyers, bugs, wraiths, or bikes as he feels like it, but the main threat is the massive numbers of troops he can field... IC's not withstanding, they are the greatest threat I have to worry about, and Thank you forgeworld for Sensor towers and a 15" double tap range.
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Quote Originally Posted by Tauownz View Post
    Anyone know if the tetra gets a run move after it shoots markerlights? Considering it's not really firing a weapon of damage. Just curious. The more I play them the more people go after them full force. And also is it still 12" and fire markerlights or can you move further now? Thanks.
    House rule I think.

My gaming group probably wouldn't allow it because of what it does for the rest of the army. Yeah, it's a fast skimmer, BUT because it's technically shooting a 'weapon' (heavy 4 for tetras) they wouldn't let that fly.

What Tau need are a pathfinder bike squad! Something like star wars speeder bikes (with jetbike rules) so pathfinders might actually be worth taking now, AND you could diversify without having to buy a devilfish while still having mobile marker support! Woot
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    No battlesuit commander, and no support systems on the broadsides. Sorry but if you base a tau list only on it's 1 hq 2 troops and what not, then you don't know tau all that well.
    ah yes that's right. I guess i've been playing DE so much, I forgot about the 1+ requirement.

but a massively expensive HQ? with tau? lol that's a fail.

My gaming group probably wouldn't allow it because of what it does for the rest of the army. Yeah, it's a fast skimmer, BUT because it's technically shooting a 'weapon' (heavy 4 for tetras) they wouldn't let that fly.
    so does your gaming group also not let fly anything else that fires a heavy 4 weapon? lol. talk about an insult to common sense.

tetras ARE the bikes you're talking about.

tetras don't run because they're vehicles. it doesn't matter if it's firing something that doesn't do damage, it's still firing a weapon.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 07-14-2012 at 12:10 AM.

"So does your gaming group also not let fly anything else that fires a heavy 4 weapon? lol. talk about an insult to common sense.

tetras ARE the bikes you're talking about."

Uh...yeah, The guy was talking about, and I was referring to firing a 'weapon' (even though the markerlight does no damage and has no strength or AP value) WHILE ALSO doing the vehicle's "run" move in the firing phase AFTER firing the markerlight. That, would be a 'no go' at this station.

I, however was talking about scout marker jetbikes being a wound based T3(4), 3+ sv marker team that could take up to maybe 4-8 bikes, so they can't be taken out so easily. Tetras are nice. Really nice, but why not have something that can't be taken out with 2 glances or a penetration roll of more than 1...

It's the same thing basically as a pathfinder squad, but instead of a devilfish to move around, they have jet bikes and would have the opportunity to provide marker support AND be able to last for more than one turn from concentrated return fire.
    Last edited by Panxer; 07-14-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    So... ok. Relentless in the 6th ed book states that units with this rule can fire heavy salvo and ord weapons, but not heavy weapons (exempting snap fire), and can charge on the turn that they fired?

So what does this mean? We can move, snap fire, and charge with broadsides?
    Hrmmm, where does it say that Relentless units cannot fire heavy weapons? On page 41 of the BRB I see, "Relentless models can shoot with Heavy, Salvo, or ordnance weapons, counting as stationary, even if they moved in the previous Movement phase.

I just got my BRB book and have been reading through it so maybe I just haven't gotten to that part? Otherwise I don't know why I'd want Advanced Stabilization Systems on my Broadsides.

*Edit - I am still new to Tau. Is it that they're just considered (they being Broadsides) Infantry and not Infantry (Jetpack)? I know their entry says they are relentless but for the purpose of Rapid Firing only I guess?
    Last edited by herigonz; 07-14-2012 at 09:24 AM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by herigonz View Post
    Hrmmm, where does it say that Relentless units cannot fire heavy weapons? On page 41 of the BRB I see, "Relentless models can shoot with Heavy, Salvo, or ordnance weapons, counting as stationary, even if they moved in the previous Movement phase.

I just got my BRB book and have been reading through it so maybe I just haven't gotten to that part? Otherwise I don't know why I'd want Advanced Stabilization Systems on my Broadsides.

*Edit - I am still new to Tau. Is it that they're just considered (they being Broadsides) Infantry and not Infantry (Jetpack)? I know their entry says they are relentless but for the purpose of Rapid Firing only I guess?

Broadsides are not Jump infantry, which TBH I would expect them to become now that Jump infantry are relentless.
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Broadsides are not Jump infantry, which TBH I would expect them to become now that Jump infantry are relentless.
    Codex states that all XV Units are relentless, but they cannot fire heavy weapons... Codex supersedes rulebook, and the 6th ed FAQ doesn't address it, so it still stands.

I corrected my post about the Slow and Purposeful not being in the rule book...it's there. I found it. I made a mistake, and I posted that I made a mistake...

Unless the broadsides buy the stabilizers, they have to adhere to the codex entry. The only difference in 6'th is that the broadsides don't have to roll for difficult terrain like we had to in 5th. They can move the full 6" and fire at normal BS...

Now, if you don't buy the A.S.S., you can still move and fire, but it's under the snap fire rule making it a TL 6+ to hit...

Either way you can still assault with the new rules... The difference is just being able to snap fire or fire at normal BS
    Last edited by Panxer; 07-14-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling error

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast