BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default thx

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Right, and outflank units arrive from reserves as you said. On Page 125 it says "Unless stated otherwise, a unit cannot charge, or use any abilities or special rules that must be used at the start of the turn, in the turn it arrives from reserves." So unless your outflanking unit has a separate special rule that allows it to, it cannot assault.
    Thank you, I have been looking for this. I knew if I posted a comment someone would tell me where to look. I'm honestly glad they made this change. The Outflank assualt was really restricting the space I could deploy in.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, Heroic Intervention and ymgarls are about the only things I can think of that can show up and assault. Ymgarls are plain evil, you nidz players should have already been taking some, especially now that there will be fewer transports out there to hide in.
    Ymgarls are my favorite Elite Choice in the Codex. Have been since day 1. It has my favorite secret deployment rules AND can assault the turn they arrive AND can modify their statline EVERY round!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Ymgarls are my favorite Elite Choice in the Codex. Have been since day 1. It has my favorite secret deployment rules AND can assault the turn they arrive AND can modify their statline EVERY round!
    They are a load of fun game wise and "mess with your opponents head wise". I am defiantly taking them more often now in 6th ed. A funny thing that came to mind was Ymgarls and the Enfeeble (that's the minus strength and toughness by 1 point one right?) Biomancy power vs strength 4 basic infantry. Enfeeble the Ymgarls charge target, and then increase your toughness when you charge (I dunno if this mutate stat change happens on Overwatch shooting...). Those Biomancy powers are making my head go wheeee with all the Tyranid synergy combos you can pull off now.
    Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 07-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Chapter-Master

I am defiantly taking them more often now in 6th ed.
    In defiance of what?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    In defiance of what?
    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu dammit Tzeentch stay out of my spellcheck xD

Defiantly*

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu dammit Tzeentch stay out of my spellcheck xD

Defiantly*
    Did you mean "definitely"??

Brother-Sergeant

Chaos Space Marine Greater Daemons and Lesser Daemons can still assault after they enter from reserves. At least for now. Although the Lesser Daemons are kinda 'meh' and the Greater Daemon is still kind of squishy.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Did you mean "definitely"??
    I cant win xD

Default what about assault vehicles

the rule for reserves says you cant use any abbilities at the beginning of the turn but what about assault

vehicles you can disembark the turn you arrive and the rules for assault vehicle says a unit can assault after

disembarking from an assault vehicle

Chapter-Master

All the assault rule does is let you ignore the normal restriction preventing you from assaulting after disembarking. Nothing more. Otherwise, you could also disembark, Run, and then assault even though Run prevents you from assaulting.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12