BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgofwagh View Post
    He has a sword that allows rerolls on hits/wounds. Huh? He hits at Str 10. What?!!
    He can't use both at the same time.
    S10 means he's using the doomfists in CC, which would mean he can't use the sword.
    So he has to choose between S10 or re-rolls on hits/wounds/armour pen.

Dreadknights are tough, but really, just treat them like a tank, and they'll go down accordingly.

They're also a crapload of points if you give them any upgrades, which is something GK have to watch very carefully.

So, a potentially tough unit, yes, but nothing that should be ruining your day consistently. Play more against them and I'm sure you'll do fine.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I'm really not sure that's correct.

Any chance you could refer me to the page ref in the rulebook? Not come across that one before, and it sounds useful to know!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Under the close combat rules it specifically states you cannot use the effects of two weapons at once, which trumps the generic 'model rerolls to hit and to wound' wording that the sword has. If you went by just the GK codex, you could reroll at str 10, but since the rulebook specifies you can't use two weapons at once, you can't.

And, no, the Greatsword doesn't also double strength. The doomfist is a DCCW, but the Greatsword isn't so it's only str 6.

Dreadknights are a mere 4 wounds with a 5+ invulnerable. A couple of plasma guns have a good chance of killing it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Well I guess I just chalk up yesterday to the fact that Russ wasn't ith us. I shot it 8 times with meltas, 14 times with Plasma guns, not sure but at least 10 times with Plasma pistols and uncountable bolter shots. My Long fangs bite it from the first wound of 24 cannon shots and two template weapons. One time was all I got with the Lascannon/Autocannon before the DK swallowed my dread whole. Plus the rending hits from my only TW (as my WL had a Power weapon thus no rending for him). He rolled great and the Emperor turned his gaze from me, because I couldn't roll to kill those things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Under the close combat rules it specifically states you cannot use the effects of two weapons at once, which trumps the generic 'model rerolls to hit and to wound' wording that the sword has. If you went by just the GK codex, you could reroll at str 10, but since the rulebook specifies you can't use two weapons at once, you can't.

And, no, the Greatsword doesn't also double strength. The doomfist is a DCCW, but the Greatsword isn't so it's only str 6.

Dreadknights are a mere 4 wounds with a 5+ invulnerable. A couple of plasma guns have a good chance of killing it.
    Ah fair enough! Thank's for clearing that one up!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The Dreadknight is I4, not I5. It can teleport once per game up to 30" and become a Jump Monstrous Creature with a fairly expensive upgrade. The template can fire up to 12" out, not 18. Also, the 12 shot gun is pretty terrible for the price.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Chapter-Master

Lascannons and plasma kill the Dreadknight. If you're facing one, your job is to avoid it assaulting you while you take wounds off with heavy weapons, and kill it before it reaches assault. Alternatively, give it a sacrificial unit to kill, then assault it with THSS Terminators.

If you're playing a Dreadknight, your job is to hold it back and keep it alive until the opportune moment to pounce arrives. Avoid plasma/melta/lascannons and take shots at range, until you see a target of opportunity and then go after it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

He can smash with the sword, he only loses one attack to attack with the sword at str10.

Chapter-Master

Two lost attacks, actually. One of the other weapon changes means that the Dreadknight always get the bonus attack for 2CCW, even if he can't use the rerolls from the sword and str 10 from the doomfist at the same time. So the Dreadknight always has 4 attacks base.

4 attacks at str 10 is better than 2 attacks at str 10 with rerolls. The sword is only beneficial against infantry where you only need str 6.

He still has 3 attacks on his profile which is what is halved then rounded to 2 before adding any bonus attacks, I'd drop 1 attack for rerolls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast