BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Southampton Gaming Club [UK]

Hello! I've not really done a proper introduction. But I'm going to use it to bring up the point that there's a distinct lack of wargaming clubs in Southampton that needs to be remedied!

To this end I and others are in the process of setting up a wargaming club with a view to becoming GCN registered.

So if you or anyone you know plays 40k, fantasy, warmahordes or anything else please register your interest so we can get a rough idea for table / scenery requirements to start with.
    We plan to also provide space for boardgames if desired.

We are hoping to establish a friendly community in order to help the wargaming hobby grow as well as provide a social meeting point for wargamers.

A nominal fee will be charged towards the ongoing costs of scenery, tables and general expansion.

For information contact :
    southamptonwargamers[at]gmail{dot}com

Brother-Sergeant

Hi there, I am very happy to hear this, as have been long thinking about this. I have boards that I can transport in my car to make 2 4' x4' tables, and have a load of terrain pieces aswell.

I am a massive 40k fan, so play that mostly, and odd bits of necromunda, and have fantasy army but rarely play it.

Chapter-Master

Balls. typed a nice long reply then hit back by accidnet.

Im a 40k player and im in. Next to nothing round here, best options are pompey and thats a trek.

Might i recommend that you consider a weekend slot and ask in GW about others interested.

Il send you an email as well, but can help.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Agreed. Our fair city is severely lacking.

Great to hear about the enthusiasm. There are the wessex warlords but they are out of Southampton itself. =(

Chapter-Master

Theres one in Blackfriars as well, advertise in store.

But thats the other side of the water, and a ridiculous trek. Despite it being in Soton, Pompey is still actually faster to get to...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Hello again, I'll pm all the repliees to this thread but at the minute we have 5 tables,a time (5:30-9 on mondays near portswood sainsburys), a cost - £2 (1 for the room 1 towards scenery/tables), and are one step short of confirming launch!

We have a facebook page [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/266544056780588/]**here**[/url], and website is pending. If anyone interested could pop on there it would be great :-)

First gaming evening will be Friday the 27th of July from 5-9pm in Portswood sainsbury's, further details on facebook or PM me.