BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Tau 1500: New Life in the New Edition

Here we go! Between the Forgeworld update and 6th edition let's see what I can do now. It isn't anything special, but I'm looking forward to using it on Thursday...

HQ
    • Crisis Suit Commander w/Missile Pod, Mulit-Tracker, Plasma Rifle, Shield Drones (x2)
    • Ethereal w/Blacksun Filter, Shield Drones (x2)

Elites
    • 3 XV8s w/Missile Pod, Multi Tracker, Plasma Rifle

Troops
    • 10 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui w/Markerlight, in a Devilfish w/Sensor Spines
    • 12 Kroot

Fast Attack
    • Tetra Scout Speeder w/Blacksun Filter, Targeting Array

Heavy Support
    • 3 XV88s
    • Hammerhead w/Seeker Missiles (x2)

This list plays out in a pretty straightforward way: Ethereal with the the Broadsides so they don't run off the board (that's why he's got the blacksun filter), XV8 commander hangs out with the Crisis Team. Fire Warriors grab objectives. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tetra can do as a markerlight platform. I've got seeker missiles to help me kill vehicles... so the hammerhead railguns can kill the delicious, squishy infantry inside.

Veteran-Sergeant

needs more suits!!! they kick butt in this new edition! but overall i like what youre trying to do

Chapter-Master

I would drop one Hammerhead for Sniper Drone Team, and then spend the rest of the points on more suits.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chaplain

It seems to be that Ethereals are finally worth it though only when they die. Preferred Enemy on Firewarriors makes them much better.
    Last edited by Black Hydra; 07-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    needs more suits!!! they kick butt in this new edition! but overall i like what youre trying to do
    Man, that's almost all the suits I own! Right now - thanks in part to an awesome (free) windfall at my FLGS, I own 7 XV8s and 4 XV88s.

I think I'm going to put my conversion hat on and turn my six spare gun drone sprues into sniper drones (and two of my spare tank commanders into gun drone spotters). Then I'll be able to play around with sniper drone teams... Well, at least two teams. I'll have to hit up eBay for more gun drones and tank commanders to make a third. Luckily they're cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Here we go! Between the Forgeworld update and 6th edition let's see what I can do now. It isn't anything special, but I'm looking forward to using it on Thursday...

HQ
    • Crisis Suit Commander w/Missile Pod, Mulit-Tracker, Plasma Rifle, Shield Drones (x2)
    • Ethereal w/Blacksun Filter, Shield Drones (x2)

Elites
    • 3 XV8s w/Missile Pod, Multi Tracker, Plasma Rifle

Troops
    • 12 Kroot

Fast Attack
    • Tetra Scout Speeder w/Blacksun Filter, Targeting Array

Heavy Support
    • 3 XV88s

This list plays out in a pretty straightforward way: Ethereal with the the Broadsides so they don't run off the board (that's why he's got the blacksun filter), XV8 commander hangs out with the Crisis Team. Fire Warriors grab objectives. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tetra can do as a markerlight platform. I've got seeker missiles to help me kill vehicles... so the hammerhead railguns can kill the delicious, squishy infantry inside.
    Might want to throw some stabilizers on those Broadsides... wait... what does Relentless do in this edition?
    Last edited by Infinite Freedom; 07-15-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

stabilizers are great now that slow and purposeful is no longer moving through difficult terrain, allows broadsides their movement to get fire lanes