BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Agreed. Rule out the rhino though, it has 3 access points. As for the others, emergency disembark?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by lionheart0161 View Post
    do the rules state that a DS vehicle has moved more than 6" (cruising speed)?

Quote Originally Posted by xilton View Post
    It doesn't mention it like that but it does mention cruising speed (which for a vehicle is 6+" ) so I didn't see the need for the BRB to re-state what cruising speed is under DS. Where I made the link. Not that we DS vehicles often (other then pods). I was just curious to see what you guys think about this.
    They key is the phrases "counts as having moved at cruising speed" and "so long as the vehicle has not moved more than 6 inches".

The vehicle has not moved at all, thus they may disembark. The vehicle merely counts as having moved at cruising speed, it has not actually moved. Also the 'counts as' section is in reference to shooting, rather than moving which would affect disembarkation. And the DS explicitly state you may disembark when DSing. The rules are pretty clear
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

"And the DS explicitly state you may disembark when DSing." I must of missed that one.

Librarian

Just to add a little detail. The paragraph under Deep Striking where it mentions the Deep Striking vehicle counts as moving at Cruising speed is a separate paragraph that starts wit the sentence '...in the Shooting Phase...'
    I believe the Cruising speed detail is meant as a shooting restriction.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Straken View Post
    Yea just re-read the rules, I hadn't noticed it say one model at a time until the whole unit has moved, so yes, you get a 6" move out of a Pod/spore.
    Point of order, since you mentioned spores:
    Nids are shafted yet again. We do not get to deploy 6", since our codex entry for Mycetic Spores (p54) specifically uses 5th edition language forcing 2" deployment and no further movement.
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

If you don't count as having moved the minimum distance for your vehicle's cruising speed when DSing then nightscythes can't DS.

This needs to be faq'd pretty badly. Either DSing is a 0" cruising speed move, or it's the minimum distance cruising distance (6" to 18") move. First case you can deploy from DS stormraven but non-hover flyers can't DS. Second case non-hover flyers DS but you can't deploy from a DS stormraven.

Drop pods and spores of course force a deployment in their codexes.

Chapter-Master

No, it doesn't need an FAQ. Go back and read over the thread again if you're confused on any of the points.

You deepstrike in, and disembark 6". Everything counts as moving (cruising speed for the vehicle), and you cannot assault.

That's it. Every issue someone has brought up here is addressed somewhere in the rules.

Edit:
    Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that Flyers in Zoom mode can't deepstrike. I can't find it in their rules. That makes your complaints a moot point.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 07-21-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

that makes no sense. because there are some flyers that don't have hover, but have deep strike.
    Ex.
    Barracuda Air Superiority Fighter 2 Fl Supersonic, Deep Strike
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

As tynskel said, there are quite a few non-hover flyers with deep strike. That needs a FAQ at least and the result will hopefully be an exception to the flyer rule.

Also you should practice restating your argument if you plan on ever doing well in a game where this comes up. Communication is key.

Chapter-Master

Maybe on a unit by unit basis, but I can't find deepstrike in the general flyer/FMC entries. Which would make the issue even more complicated than if it was either all deepstrike allowed or no deepstrike. I could be totally wrong, but there seems to be an issue there.

Anyways, disembarking after deepstriking is a clear issue. You disembark and move 6". There's no murkiness there, at least.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast