BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Zoanthropes... Really?

First time post here, sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else. I was thinking about this last night and I seriously couldn't believe it. Please let me know what you guys think, ok?

So zoanthropes can pick up to 2 powers on 3 different tables. So this means that each zoanthrope can roll separately for each power they want, on whatever table they want...

I don't know if that made sense, but really I'm saying this:

You can take 3 zoanthropes, Each zoanthrope can roll once on biomancy and once on telepathy. meaning a improbable, but possisble chance for 3 infeebles... and take 3 psyckic shreeks... now the zoans have become this amazing unit that can reduce toughness and strenght by 3, and can essencially do the DoM attacks to squads...

Am I reading this correctly? I feel like there is no way I am but I can't find anything to prove this wrong.

Chapter-Master

Remember, you can only sat one power a turn per zoan.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Very true, so you couldn't use them both at the same time... but still. that seems crazy to me...

Chapter-Master

It probably isn't as bad as you think, not to mention, the dice gods must think favorably of you to grant such a combo.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

but even smite is worth it with 3 of them. 12 shots ap 2 isn't bad at all...

You're giving up a S10 ap1 lance and a S5 ap3 blast. You better have a chance get something good in return.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Quote Originally Posted by thebloodychaos View Post
    but even smite is worth it with 3 of them. 12 shots ap 2 isn't bad at all...
    Not bad, but, as Sam points out, not nearly worth the guns they're giving up. Honestly, given that the Zoanthropes fill a much-needed, little-overlapped role in the Tyranid army (bringing the big, ranged, anti-tank guns) I really don't think I'd be switching those powers out for a chance at maybe getting something that's situationally better.

I switch mine out all the time on my Zoans. If there is not that much heavy armor then I take 1 roll on TK and 1 on Telepathy (and default to Shriek). As you can do it at the start of the game it gives you some tactical flexability as Shriek is much better against Blog IG, Orks and DE.