BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Grenades vs Zooming Flyers

As silly as it sounds, is it possible for someone to hit a Zooming Flyer with a [Krak or Haywire] Grenade??

6th Edition says it can be a shooting attack (although with short range!). It could only be carried out as a Snap Shot, but why the heck not?!

Can anyone find where it would say otherwise?!

Can you see it now? Someone coming off their winning Blood Bowl season, throwing a Hail Mary at a Zoomer.... Into the air intake and Ka-Boom!!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Librarian

Good one! I didn't see anything under Grenades, Flyers, or Snap Shots that suggest a grenade cannot hit a Flyer.
    So I says yes!

What is the range on grenades?

Veteran-Sergeant

Grenades can be thrown 8"

Chaplain

There are no range modifiers on shooting at Flyers, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

You still only get one grenade so odds aren't that great.

Also, you need to measure UP to the hull, so keep in mind you need to be right next to it to get range.

yep if you are in range of the hull, you can throw 1 grenade. You need a 6 to hit unless you have Skyfire.

Blowing up a flyer with a krak grenade would be the most epic thing ever. I would either "bronze" that man as a statue and make him an objective or promote him.

I think Assault marines and the like would benefit most from this little gem.

For normal infantry, they would loose a lot of distance as they would need to measure diagonally upwards to get to the hull of a flier on a flying base.

Assault marines could jump on top of a building that is about level with the flier and thus gain a few extra inches.

Not something you would plan on doing, but definitely worth a pop if the opportunity arrises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast