BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Initiate

Default Dark Eldar Raider Deep Strike and shooting.

Ok this is my first post ever so be gentle.

Dark Eldar Raider deep strikes.

Kabalites can shoot from vehicle counting as having moved at cruising speed (Snap shots).

Or they can disembark (6" by the sounds of it from recent threads I have read) and fire as counting as moved.

So they come in, disembark to shoot effectively. Then reboard to make the most of splinter racks in the next turn.

Have I missed something or does this seem silly.

Chapter-Master

disembarking kabalites is asking for them to be destroyed in CC.
    So, it isn't that silly.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Seta View Post
    Ok this is my first post ever so be gentle.

Dark Eldar Raider deep strikes.

Kabalites can shoot from vehicle counting as having moved at cruising speed (Snap shots).

Or they can disembark (6" by the sounds of it from recent threads I have read) and fire as counting as moved.

So they come in, disembark to shoot effectively. Then reboard to make the most of splinter racks in the next turn.

Have I missed something or does this seem silly.
    It's a good idea but when it comes to dis/re-embarking, it's unfortunately disallowed in the rules. So you can either snapshot with the kabalites in the raider (making the racks a good idea) OR you can disembark, stay on the ground for a turn and THEN re-embark to move.

That's what he is saying, Uncle Nutsy, just not as clearly.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Veteran-Sergeant

Drep strike counts as cruising speed- you can only disembark if you moved at combat speed.

Librarian

I don't believe that its the case any more, otherwise space marines couldn't disembark from drop pods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    That's what he is saying, Uncle Nutsy, just not as clearly.
    ah okay. just the way it was written seemed like he was attempting a double move.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishInquisition View Post
    Drep strike counts as cruising speed- you can only disembark if you moved at combat speed.
    the rulebook states that one of the options for a deep striking vehicle is to disembark the unit on board.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

The retrofire jets upgrade specifically says units cant get out the turn the vehicle deepstrikes. Only other way for raiders to get deep strike is with the Duke which was FAQed to just be free retrofire jets.

@OP you are correct if they stay on the transport they fire by those rules and the transport counts as moving at cruising speed. If they get out they may move 6" and only count as having moved so they get normal shots. On the next turn they can re-embark if they survived.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast