BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Dark Mechanic

Absolutely not. While there have been vast improvements in many models over the years, many of the older sculpts are still intriguing and in some cases still fantastic in more ways than one. I love having some of my older models still active in my army collections. Some of them because they look great still and show why this hobby took off in the first place and some of them because they are a little dated or weird and they make great conversation pieces. In either case, they always generate interest from newer hobbyists and they are fun to see and chat about.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by jcroxford View Post
    It seems like the overall scale of all models seems to just get larger and larger as time goes buy with GW. I'm not complaining. The newer models look awesome. But it almost makes some of the older ones obsolete (or just very silly in comparison). Take for example Terminators. I have the old metal box set.
    I totally understand what you're saying here. I've got a squad of the 1988 sculpt of the Grey Knight Terminators that I adore. I think they look way better than the new ones. The other day I got a few of the new ones to add a new squad and the difference in size is tremendous.

Chaplain

Query: OOP = Out Of Production?

Chaplain

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SandWyrm View Post
    Well, as someone who plays IG with the old metal Tallarn models... Heck Ya!!!

I've got some plastic Cadians, but I just can't bring myself to put them on the field.
    Well I have a very large (2500+) metal Valhallan Army that I just "love" some great poses, good gear, blankets, canteens etc.

I really would like to build a small "Heresy era" SM Army based on the Heresy period & previous Armour Mks. but cost deters me
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by jcroxford View Post
    It seems like the overall scale of all models seems to just get larger and larger as time goes buy with GW. I'm not complaining.
    I am! Freakin' HATE scale creep!

Banned

Since I got back into the hobby a couple years ago, I'd say 90% of the stuff I've bought( way too much stuff) has been old metal models. I've built myself an entire battle company out of oop marines. Go Metal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Nail, Head, on trarget! lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Sometimes print sometimes production
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Have you seen how much Nurgle Renegades in metal - the 1988 ones - go for on ebay? I've seen for over £20 a pop... maybe GW should take note and re-open a full bitz service with an OOP premium charge.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

I am absolutely all for the newer plastic ork models, they're better looking and FAR easier to kustomize... I have a few old 2nd ed ork boyz kicking around, they're small, impossible to convert, and really rather ugly (well.. for an ork even)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12