BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Eldar Star Engines useless now?

Since Flat Out is now in the shooting phase in place of shooting, guess this means that we can't use Star Engines?

Star Engines (Eldar codex p44) states the vehicle may move up to 12" in lieu of shooting.

Is is possible that our tanks are one of the only vehicles that actually got slower in 6th edition (granted it's a vehicle upgrade-our basic speed did get bumped up 6")?

Chaplain

Unless I am missing a Vehicle that is not fast, yes, Star Engines are useless upgrades. The FAQ does not address this either. I assume if they get another FAQ they might address it to add to Flat-out, cause that would make sense.

Chapter-Master

Star Engines are not useless upgrades. You can forgo shooting for a boost in speed.
    that simply means you get to use both Flat Out and Star Engines.

Note that star engines does not state 'replace flat out'.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

There's nothing about the Flat Out rules or Star Engine rules that limit you to a single additional movement in the Shooting phase. In essence, you have two separate permissions to make two separate movements.

Chaplain

I thought I had read something about being limited when moving flat-out, but yeah, it doesn't replace the flat-out move. Still a viable upgrade for speed.

Librarian

Both are done instead of shooting. Can you do 2 things instead of shooting? Though I don't see a precedence for it, I want to say no-you get one or the other.

If so, you would have to use the Star Engines before moving Flat Out.

Star Engines have been FAQ'd to work as long as the vehicle is able to move, and you do not embark/disembark or shoot. You no longer have to "Give up shooting" to use them.

So, as always:

READ THE FAQ FIRST!
    Last edited by evilamericorp; 07-31-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    Star Engines have been FAQ'd to work as long as the vehicle is able to move. You no longer have to "Give up shooting" to use them.

So, as always:

READ THE FAQ FIRST!
    Shoot! How the heck did I miss the most obvious FAQ!!
    Hello 42" Wave Serpents!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    Star Engines have been FAQ'd to work as long as the vehicle is able to move, and you do not embark/disembark or shoot. You no longer have to "Give up shooting" to use them.

So, as always:

READ THE FAQ FIRST!
    Actually, you do have to give up shooting. So.. um, please read the FAQ as well.

"...and does not shoot or embark/disembark troops..."

Still does not say if can be used in conjunction with flat-out, doesn't say it cannot be used with flat-out either. So, as of right now, you can flat-out and move the 12" in shooting phase or reverse the order if you want, but it doesn't really matter.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nachodragon View Post
    Actually, you do have to give up shooting. So.. um, please read the FAQ as well.

"...and does not shoot or embark/disembark troops..."

Still does not say if can be used in conjunction with flat-out, doesn't say it cannot be used with flat-out either. So, as of right now, you can flat-out and move the 12" in shooting phase or reverse the order if you want, but it doesn't really matter.
    Actually that doesn't quite mean that you have to give up shooting. You could still star engine boost when shaken for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast