BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New DE FAQ due?

So long as its not Belöl, Deathwing and Landraider spam I'm not even mad. That said I'm not entirely convinced the army is as vicious in 6th as it was in 5th.

Na man, no one does Deathwing in Shrewsbury, they get executed on sight.

I do the Storm Wardens, because Space Welsh are brilliant boyo.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

As only the Welsh can contain the Enslavers.

PS: I've been itching to face Deathwing with Air Cav Guard. Or Croissant frisbees.

They're not actually fighting each other, they're just slagging each other off in the pub and refusing to cross each other's borders.

If that's what it takes to contain the menace... why the **** aren't I welsh?

Why aren't we all dude...

OT: Dark Eldar players I am going to be frank, you have the same level of weapons to remove a 2+ save that every other army does, whether that be in shooting or close combat. Why do you feel the need to have the most bent close combat weapons ever?
    Tau don't, Orks don't, hell, even Nids don't have that many decent weapons.
    If you want to kill Terminators then take a Power Axe, just like the rest of us.

/rant

Heh true.

Honestly, ever since watching Assault Terminators carve up a Wych squad with an Agoniser in 5th, I've avoided fighting Assault Terminators like the plague. Hell they're among the most vicious CC units in the game so avoidance is the best policy for most armies.

Dark Eldar do have very effective means of dealing with ATs: Lances ruin 2+'s day. Ravagers are the best drive by gangstas since the 90s. Jetbike Reaver swarms never fail to amuse me. Hell even in melee, DE can bring some pain to ATs with Harlequin mobs (4 rending attacks on the charge). If you bring a Farseer in to the party all the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Skandar View Post
    Ravagers are the best drive by gangstas since the 90s. Jetbike Reaver swarms never fail to amuse me. Hell even in melee, DE can bring some pain to ATs with Harlequin mobs (4 rending attacks on the charge). If you bring a Farseer in to the party all the merrier!
    HAHAHAHAHA! I laughed my *** off at that, and nearly choked on my tea. Well done.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Why aren't we all dude...

OT: Dark Eldar players I am going to be frank, you have the same level of weapons to remove a 2+ save that every other army does, whether that be in shooting or close combat. Why do you feel the need to have the most bent close combat weapons ever?
    Tau don't, Orks don't, hell, even Nids don't have that many decent weapons.
    If you want to kill Terminators then take a Power Axe, just like the rest of us.

/rant
    I don't think that it's unreasonable to want one piece of wargear that is heavily priced to do that which it is priced to do. And, as has been pointed out elsewhere, terminators aren't as much of an issue as are HQs with 2+ armor. DE are supposed to be the epitome of the glass cannon.. which means that there has to be a 'cannon' component.

And I wish that Trazyn the Infinite's staff would work when he flies over a unit. But it may not work.
    What do I do? Calmly ask GW and don't use said item until I have written confirmation from GW as to what it does.

The only decent CC weapon that my army has is a Warscythe, and I loves me some Warscythe.

I also wish that the Stormlord had a Power Weapon, he does not, meh.

Note: I'm not getting into an argument, or trying to be condescending, but we have to live with these things.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast