BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time to email Games Workshop.... AGAIN.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

let me know what they say TDA!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chaplain

Ok, so is there a special email? Cause every time i have sent an email i get a response that says they dont respond to rules questions over email and to call.

[email][email protected][/email]
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

I am not sure about this, but it sounds a bit like a vector strike from a flying monstrous creature. I seem to remember that a vector strike is counted as one of the Monstrous creatures shooting attacks. I will have to go and check the special rules in the new rule book.

Even then, you will have to compare the wording from the Necron Codex, with the wording for vector strike. They might be treated completely different, as so many things are now treated differently because they do not fit into the descriptions in the rule book.

I would just contact your Regional GW head office, and ask for a ruling. It may not be a tournament legal decision, but could assist in your local games.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chaplain

It will potentially not be just the Necrons. The new Chariot rules provide a sweep attack to skimmers that are chariots.

Comparing the Necron codex to the new chariot rules, the only difference in the description is it says 'melee' weapon in stead of 'close combat weapon'. However, they DID change it to be a sweep attack for EVERY attack for that character. Which IS different from the Necron Codex, it used to just be three, granted the overlord units that count only have 3 attacks.

Hopefully, they will answer this in the FAQ, but I would say you should be able to use an ability of the weapon; Empathic Obliterator, Gauntlet of Fire, Void blade, Staff of tomorrow. Whatever it is, as it says you can use the special abilities of that weapon. If you could not use any of those abilities, you would not be able to use a warscythe either, as Armor bane is 2D6 pen in close combat. Which is the same wording for all the other special abilities.

The only difference that Trazyn has is it gives you the timing on when the extra wounds would occur in close combat. And just to repeat, ALL* weapons with a special ability (that can be used in a chariot currently) say in close combat. So, if it is not allowed then the only thing you gain is a strength bonus, AP value, and ??? for special abilities.

*The only one that I can find so far would be Entropic Strike does not mention close combat.

Veteran-Sergeant

And they did remove the FAQ clarification from the previous version when they released the 6th ed FAQs. Oversight or not, it's a Ward book and they mostly got huge buffs, so probably will be allowed now, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12