BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Oh I see your point now Then yeah you are right on that point.
    Awesome!
    I probably didn't elaborate enough.

It's quite obvious who my favourite Chapter are, I don't stop going on about them.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Obviously I like the Ultramarines very much, and have over 3,000 painted points of the "pansy bloo blokes". The only thing I'm not so keen on is honestly the name. These are my BEST-MARINES. They hail from BESTMAR. Some of the criticisms people come up with are silly, and the hate is often totally ridiculous.

(Especially when people blame Mat Ward for it - you know, the sorts of people who don't remember when all Space Marines were drawn from Codex: Ultramarines).

Ultrase are great - the colour scheme, the aesthetic, their stoic, selfless devotion to duty for the good of humanity, their history as the force which held it all together in humanity's darkest hour and their continued presence as one of the most illustrious and successful of all Space Marine forces, without dark secrets or hidden agendas... yeah, I wasn't going to choose another chapter.

Although it was a close thing - I love the Imperial Fists (but painting yellow used to be a pain in the neck) and as I like the selfless, heroic, defenders-of-humanity chapters best, I'm also fond of the Salamanders.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 08-07-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Soon we will conquer the Galaxy...

First, this forum;
    Later, Terra, and then...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

It's clear what I must do....... I must stand and defend the forum against the onslaught of.... THE SMURFS! *grabs Bolter*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

I love the Ultramarines, just like Eldargal. Just look at the other major chapters, and you can see why.

Dark Angels - Moody and untrustworthy. These guys would abandon an entire warzone because of the rumor of ONE Fallen. They're unreliable. Plus, what's with the dresses?

Space Wolves - Solid fighters, but their obsession with personal glory makes them less likely to obey orders and see the big picture of a campaign. Oh yeah, and they're a bunch of hairy mutants.

Blood Angels - These guys are great... if you don't mind the fact that they occasionally become HOWLING MADMEN!

Black Templars - These guys are actually ok. Their lack of a homeworld makes it hard for the Inquisition to keep tabs on their numbers, which is kinda fishy. But other than that, they're solid soldiers.

Grey Knights - What are you talking about? There is no such chapter. It's a myth.

Basically, I like the Ultramarines because they're solid, reliable soldiers. They don't over-focus on any one aspect of warfare, which makes them very tactically flexible. They also seem to have a pretty low Crazy Factor, so they're good allies to have by your side. If I had my pick of Space Marine chapters to fight alongside my Guardsmen, I'd choose the boys from Ultramar every time.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chaplain

I also like others like Raven Guard but I agree with all the points Eldargal made and for me that's what makes ultras awesome. I think they get hate because they're the posterboy for GW (to the point I had to point out to some guys at the FLGS that ultramarines have in fact never been on the cover of a rulebook when they said they were happy it was DA rather than ultras).

I especially love the honour guard models and tyrannic war veterans. Not so much calgar in terminator armour though, think I'd rather they update the power armour model.

If I'm honest... Of all Marines chapters, I only really like Salamanders and Dark Angels. There's others which are interesting, but the other major Codex armies really don't do it for me. As for Ultramarines, they don't deserve anywhere near as much hate, but they don't deserve all the praise, either.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Chapter-Master

Ooooh! I've just remembered why Ultramarines completely suck, are totally rubbish and why no one should ever like or play them.

They're French.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Ooooh! I've just remembered why Ultramarines completely suck, are totally rubbish and why no one should ever like or play them.

They're French.
    Ok, I give up. In what manner are they French?
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

The name Roboute Gulliman doesn't sound slightly French to you? Also, one of the BL audio books had them speaking with French accents (I forget which).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast