BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Runes of Warding stacking

well there was a thread about this but after kevlarshark posted

People were having the very same discussion about multiple Hive tyrants with "Hive commander" FAQ = Do not stack
    Or Multiple IG command squads with Astropaths. FAQ = Do not stack

I think the president has been set in many other codex.
    The new core rule book in the special rule section states "Unless specifically stated, a model cannot gain the benefit of a special rule more than once."

Case closed.

the thread got closed, however, its not really that simple, as the rule states (as worded above) A MODEL, so what happens when you have two farseers? as thats two models......
    Last edited by Bunglefish; 08-07-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Highlighting Quote

Chaplain

Well, Hive Commander is a Model and the Astropath is a model. You have answered your own question.

Also, it is precedent, not President. I don't think Obama has anything to do with 40k.

I would agree with Bunglefish that it is not necessarily case closed but I don't currently have my brb with me right now. It does say benefit, there are some effects that stack too, both beneficial and negative.

It would be awesome if Obama secretly played 40k though.

P32. Unless specifically stated, a model cannot gain the benefit of a special rule more than once. However, the effects of multiple different special rules are cumulative. Therefore, your army (all of which are MODELS) cannot benefit from the effects of two Runes of Warding, similarly that Astropaths and Hive Tyrants cannot be cumulative. Thread closed. Again. If I see another thread asking this question I shall consider issuing a warning.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

This thread is for the discussion of those rules, you're closing it based on your opinion. Is it really that necessary to close it?

It says it in both the rulebook and the FAQ. Yes.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...