BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abby and Tally

I would play that he does since we know GW doesn't care about RAW.
    Just see the "What counts as a Daemon" ruling in the GK FAQ.

Use The Most Important Rule!

Talk with your adversary. If they think it's fine, go for it.

Just don't rely on it.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    No, it says: 'followers of Nurgle (i.e. any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle'. Abaddon has a 'Mark of Chaos Ascendant', which sadly isn't a 'Mark of Nurgle'.
    'Mark of Chaos Ascendant' melds all the marks together. That would give all the marks wouldn't it?

I can see why people wouldn't want Abby to have the mark. It would make that tag team very dangerous.

Chaplain

Trying to think of a good metaphor but can't find good real life example right now.

BUT, if thing X has all properties of thing Y but thing Y does not have all properties of X. Just because thing X has all the properties of thing Y does not make it a thing Y. In this instance, thing X has the properties of thing Y, thing Z, and thing ZZ and thing ZZZ (hmm, should have started with A).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspawn View Post
    'Mark of Chaos Ascendant' melds all the marks together. That would give all the marks wouldn't it?

I can see why people wouldn't want Abby to have the mark. It would make that tag team very dangerous.
    The problem is that he isn't actually listed as having 'the Mark of Nurgle'. He's listed as having 'the Mark of Chaos Ascendant', which is different. It combines the effects, but he doesn't actually have the Mark of Nurgle in his rules. The Mark of Chaos Ascendant gives him the benefits of all the marks, but it doesn't mean he actually has them listed. Difficult to explain but typically with things like this it has to be specifically mentioned in a unit's profile, and Abaddon has a separate one.

I'm not too opposed to it working to be honest, it would make sense from a fluff perspective. It's just that as a RAW thing I'm inclined to say no.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos_elNyx View Post
    I would play that he does since we know GW doesn't care about RAW.
    Just see the "What counts as a Daemon" ruling in the GK FAQ.
    I love that part. It makes me wonder why Raptors, Defilers and daemonically possessed vehicles don't all have 5+ invulnerable saves then.
    Though, it's kind of funny that a Defiler is actually a Daemon now per the rulebook (I'm pretty sure), so I assume it has an invulnerable save as well. People in my local area don't embrace the idea particularly though; I was curious actually, does the Defiler get an invulnerable save from having the Daemon special rule?

Chapter-Master

At the moment, Daemonic possessed vehicles don't attract the special rule daemon. However it is likely to get it in the new codex.

Which I hope arrives soon.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12