BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zahariel View Post
    Could be any number of things:
    Internal warehouse code for picking area.
    Different dept's within company may have different codes. Companies that have been around a while tend to have lots of conflicting systems/methods (until a massive **** up comes along to make them look at what they're doing!)
    In retail (outdoor Clothing+Equipment) brands such as The North Face will have barcodes for each colour of product in the workbooks that differ from Product Code and Barcode of said products to assist with ease of ordering specific items/colours etc.

And there's probably tons more reasons, so i'm leaning towards agreeing that the difference isn't enough to invalidate the rumour.

But i'm having sodium chloride with my lunch!
    Product Code covers all that. The Stores have an automated stock replenishment system, using the product codes. Although I never did get my tour of the factoyr (on any of the three times I worked for GW!) it's my understanding the product code is used in the Warehouse and the Factory.

But not completely ruling out other codes being existant, I just can't think what they'd be for!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Oh sweet mercy please be real. Genestealer Hybrids, Eldar, Deathwatch and Battle Sisters? I shall spill my blood for this cause if it is true!

Hmm, a few of them look kind of suspicious, like:

286011130110208 Patriarch Dumas, The Veiled Fiend RE c01 Len_B 02 cc
    283041530110204 Cabal Alpha Psyker RE c01 Len_B 02 cc
    280000211440200 Sisters of Battle Seraphim / Patronica Squad PL a14 Len_A 02 cc
    Last edited by Kyban; 08-10-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Hmm, a few of them look kind of suspicious, like:

286011130110208 Patriarch Dumas, The Veiled Fiend RE c01 Len_B 02 cc
    283041530110204 Cabal Alpha Psyker RE c01 Len_B 02 cc
    280000211440200 Sisters of Battle Seraphim / Patronica Squad PL a14 Len_A 02 cc
    the list also seems a little busy. For the most part, well established armies get what, 6 or 7 kits tops per release?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    the list also seems a little busy. For the most part, well established armies get what, 6 or 7 kits tops per release?
    Their supposed new release schedule experiment rumored that they had a whole bunch stocked up to be released in waves, so it could still be plausible but who knows... I hope it is true though, it looks like some seriously cool stuff.

Chapter-Master

if this list is true I am going to be a very poor lady for a very long time. plastic sisters of battle, more plastic marines, race specific terrain. I know people like to go on about excessive marine releases, but it is great to see something totally new, the tanks have been around for a long time with very little change, assuming the land avenger is a tank (sounds like a hippie super hero) would be great to see something knew in that category, maybe a praetor too if that is some sort of vehicle? I could see the sky shatter thingy being an AA artillery piece with a techmarine, but I may be wrong.

all these disparate elements like sisters and death watch would go well with the rumour of some sort of allies supplement next summer
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-10-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

If they really come out with that Sisters of Battle stuff I'll go to the nearest GW and yell SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Brother-Sergeant

Oddly enough, my interests tend to lie more towards the Tolkeinesque.
    There is *one* thing about this list that makes me a bit more skeptical... Where is the Fantasy stuff? Why would LotR/ Hobbit and 40K stuff be on the list yet absolutely no Fantasy?

That said -
    Cult Hybrid and Patriarch? Cabal? For 40K I may just be a happy boy.

TURIN the DRAGONSLAYER? GW, take my money, please! And if you want to print more money, hows about a Glaurung and a Hurin as well? Aurė Entuluva!

See? Excitement. Which is why upcoming information is cool. Perhaps GW may learn from this. (Of course the other foot being a massive *****fest if the rumors are untrue, or if stuff is pushed back or otherwise not on time.)

Or if there are consequences written into a secrecy agreement with the considerably richer license holder??

Librarian

I can't wait to see what the Solitare comes equipped with model wise. I'm also glad to see that Orks are getting some GW love instead of just FW.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast