BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Chaos God

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You're the God of Threadomancy. Hahaha!
    Oh yeah, I love resurrecting old arguments. Just been looking around to make sure stuff I want to bring up hasn't been done to death already - and when it has, I bump it anyway...
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Legend!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    Alright so here’s what I think is up with the emperor since cobra6 brought it up.

So the emperor saw that slannesh was brought about by the decedent ways of the eldar. Such a high content of the same basic emotions clumped together in the warp and brought about a chaos god. So the emperor sees this and thinks if he can inspire enough faith, honor, and justice in humanity then he could create a god. So he goes about bringing humanity together in combat against the enemies of humanity because that is the best way to bring humanity together. He then wants to harness that faith, honor, and all good stuff so he can be the god when enough has been accumulated. He's got to have some sort of machine to make sure he collects the emotions so he has the golden throne made. He has to be hooked up to this machine so that the emotions get tied to him and don't just create some random entity. How does he inspire faith by sitting on a throne all the time? He has to be mortally wounded in a most epic way so here comes Horus to fulfill his destiny. Now the emperor can sit back and collect his faith. The golden throne is not failing it's finishing the download.
    Actually the way I see it is this. Emp is the ultimate instinctual Farseer. He is linked to a future God of Humanity (one that is actually tolerant of some xenos perhaps but with Humanity dominant) by being the seed of that god.
    So he gets future echoes that tell him : at this time do this , knowing that if it doesn't happen Humanity will end up dead. Everything he does furthers the cause of creating that god, even though he himself doesn't know it. At least until he 'dies' and part of his soul goes on to join that greater gestalt. Until then he is still likmited. That's why he has to be GIVEN the revelation in Outcast Dead. Yet once he has it, he accepts it.
    Bit of kicker for him - he sees he has to keep Primarchs ignorant of chaos, yet that leads them to being corrupted. And he sees that he had to do that only afterwards.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    Alright so here’s what I think is up with the emperor since cobra6 brought it up.

So the emperor saw that slannesh was brought about by the decedent ways of the eldar. Such a high content of the same basic emotions clumped together in the warp and brought about a chaos god. So the emperor sees this and thinks if he can inspire enough faith, honor, and justice in humanity then he could create a god. So he goes about bringing humanity together in combat against the enemies of humanity because that is the best way to bring humanity together. He then wants to harness that faith, honor, and all good stuff so he can be the god when enough has been accumulated. He's got to have some sort of machine to make sure he collects the emotions so he has the golden throne made. He has to be hooked up to this machine so that the emotions get tied to him and don't just create some random entity. How does he inspire faith by sitting on a throne all the time? He has to be mortally wounded in a most epic way so here comes Horus to fulfill his destiny. Now the emperor can sit back and collect his faith. The golden throne is not failing it's finishing the download.
    Only problem is the throne is designed for Magnus, not the Emperor.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Me and Tom are working on an alternate Heresy where Magnus does take the Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Me and Tom are working on an alternate Heresy where Magnus does take the Throne.
    It does seem to me like a huge part of the Heresy could have been avoided if the Emperor had just been a little more forthcoming with his sons.

To Magnus at Nikaea: "Look, I have this big chair at home for you to sit in, and I was going to give it to you as a graduation present, but if you keep playing with the warp kids in the reality next door, I'm gonna take it back to the store. Oh and I'm stopping your pocket money."

To Lorgar and Guilliman at Monarchia: "Guilliman, stop being a dick to your little brother. And Lorgar, to tell you the truth, I am a God, but people need to work it out for themselves, that's the point of faith. Have a lolly pop."

To all his sons at Ullanor: "My sons, we still have much conquering to do, but unfortunately there's a massive Eldar portal under the imperial palace and it's starting to leak daemons and shiz, oh yeah by the way religion is real. LATERZ."
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    It does seem to me like a huge part of the Heresy could have been avoided if the Emperor had just been a little more forthcoming with his sons.

To Magnus at Nikaea: "Look, I have this big chair at home for you to sit in, and I was going to give it to you as a graduation present, but if you keep playing with the warp kids in the reality next door, I'm gonna take it back to the store. Oh and I'm stopping your pocket money."

To Lorgar and Guilliman at Monarchia: "Guilliman, stop being a dick to your little brother. And Lorgar, to tell you the truth, I am a God, but people need to work it out for themselves, that's the point of faith. Have a lolly pop."

To all his sons at Ullanor: "My sons, we still have much conquering to do, but unfortunately there's a massive Eldar portal under the imperial palace and it's starting to leak daemons and shiz, oh yeah by the way religion is real. LATERZ."
    But then half of them would have gone off crusading into the Eye of Terror and that would be that for his plans.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    It'd be Malal, the hated outcast god of Chaos-against-Chaos.

Except then GW would quickly hide his existence, since they don't actually have the rights to him!
    SOrry man, they already have one: The Emperor! *mind blown!*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post

That is virtually the path we've been going down, that, and he doesn't spirit Angron away from his fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra6 View Post
    And "Malice" is of course just a very thinly veiled update to Malal, who shared his exact traits, among other clues.

Perhaps there could be a chaos god of apathy, laziness, and sloth? His followers and daemons wouldn't be very formidable in battle, though..
    waitasec: "Malal' was really something in the 40K background fluff????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast