BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Will you buy the 6th ed starter set?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ma'am.

82 58.57%
  • Depends on the quality of the miniatures.

17 12.14%
  • Maybe.

16 11.43%
  • No.

25 17.86%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

The quality of GW releases over the last few releases has been excellent in my opinion. I see no reason why the starter set won't be kick arse awesome and chock a block full of great minis that I MUST have.
    I can't wait.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very bored of the must have more Space marines mission GW is on and have no intrest what so ever in chaos at all..... just no

Brother-Sergeant

I've voted no. I wish I could justify it but as I collect neither of the armies I can't. Which makes me sad as I reckon it's going to be a good one.

Chaplain

I probaly will get it for the minidex and the Chaos goodies. I really want to see the miniatures before solidifying my decision.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would most likely get it for the mini rulebook... I don't play Dark Angels or Chaos...

but I have a freind that does play Chaos, so I can at least trade/sell him those little buggers...except maybe a cultist or two for dark heresy.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Chapter-Master

Well black reach got me into Orks, which I had wanted to do for a while. Taking the small rulebook to tournaments has always been a gift sent from the Emporer Himself in fifth ed. I've been wanting to start Chaos for a while now...

Maybe.

It kinda depends if I have enough spare cash by then. At the moment I still have half a Black Reach box to build, amongst several other partially emptied sprues and half done conversions. I'm sure I will want the models. I'm sure I'll find use for them and they'll end up near the top of my To Do piles (yes I do have piles of To Do miniatures at the moment...) On the otherhand, if the DA are too DA distinctive, so wouldn't look right mixed in with my normal SM even allowing for a certain amount of convertions, that would put me off. Unless they are easilly chaosifyable... Must stop talking myself into this!

P.s. Don't tell the staff at my local GW this, but if it gives me a bonus in our current campaign (pre-ordering 6th Ed did) then that might just twist my arm
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

I will not be buying the starter set. Some Marines to supplement my IG army would be nice, but as I mentioned in another thread, I don't trust Dark Angels. And, perhaps more importantly, I have an agreement with my wife not to buy anything new until everything I currently have is painted. Which means, barring Christmas and my birthday, I won't be getting anything new for the next few centuries.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Brother-Captain

I said yes. I've been planning on it, actually, since before I knew what would be in the starter set. I never had any intention of buying the full sized rulebook. I bought the big one for 5th edition, and it sat on my shelf once Black Reach came out. I decided not to waste my money this time around.

Right now I'm working with an "unofficial" copy, waiting for the starter set to launch. When it does, I'll either be able to sell off the bits or else swap them with sprues I already have and sell off the older stuff. Either way, I'll effectively get the rules for free.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

well if its marines , and brilliant sculpts and very cheap: why not and if i recall they are selling it as 2 boxes? (marines/chaos?)

and with the new allies rules i can have it as IF and LOTD ^__^
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Probably not.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast