BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

Necrons have no answer to vehicles or assault, so they get steamrolled by damn near everything with virtually nothing they can do about it. Massing Destroyers and hoping for the best is about all you can do. Combine that with simple paint schemes (obviously you can make them as complex or simple as you want) and a dull as dishwater army list and you have the perfect storm of "bleh". I love Necron fluff, but everything else is just terribad.

Orks are my favorite army, they aren't the most competitive, but lots of fun and extremely mutable.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Coincidentally, there have been a lot of local rumors about GW opening a shop in the Mall of America (the nearest GW is 600 miles from the MoA, in Chicago).

So either you are very luck with your guess, or you know something!
    I could have sworn I was in one there a few years ago...maybe they just closed it for a while due to all the ragged guys outside of it with hand-printed cardboard signs saying "Will Work for Warhammer." Maybe I was having a flashback and thought I was in a GW store. That would explain all the little jars of perfume I found in my paintbox...
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 09-23-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Id say orcs except that you have a fantasy army of them. Tyranids would definately be a cool option, although you didn't list them, some of the best looking models imo.
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Abbess Sanctorum

I recommend Sisters as a matter of course, but the army does fit your requirements.

1: Orks or Sisters. Both of which you can paint pretty much any color you want and you can justify it.

2: Orks or Sisters. Both can be as easy or hard as you want it to be to paint-- and Sisters have beautiful models, I end up just wanting to spend more time on them because of this.

3: Orks or Sisters. Orks are plastic, but Sisters are metal.

4: Sisters! Some players haven't even heard of the army, friggin' noobs :P

5: Depends on what you call ease to be honest. Sometimes I win games playing Sisters just because my opponents have no fething clue how to deal with them. The basic idea is "get in their face and set them on fire", it's the execution that requires finesse.
    Last edited by Melissia; 09-28-2009 at 08:31 PM.

I have seen some necron models with LED lights for their eyes and guns. If you think you can pull it off go for the necrons. Also I have seen them painted in non-metallic colours as well as covered in cromage

If you like Space Wolfs do not mind jumping on the wagon thing. If you think you will play them after 2 years, go grab them.

Brother-Sergeant

I'd go w/ chaos daemons or Chaos Space Marines.

Granted they're not the most original army in the world but you can go nuts with them visually and still be fluffy.

Witchhunters and Daemon hunters are good as well for interesting models and uniqueness.

Ambulatory arm chairs, chainsaw bikini girls, daemon hosts, flamboyant inquisitors and retinues are all great fun (espeically if you're not worried about competitiveness)

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

I definitely won't go with Chaos, neither marines nor daemons. Chaos is, in my opinion, one of the most kitschy designs ever spawned by GW. I can almost hear something like "hey, you know what would be cool? Let's take our power armor and stick a bunch of spikes to it! That's gonna be so badass!" No thanks. But that just me of course.

Sisters are an option I haven't considered, to be honest. Gotta have a second look at them. But I'm leaning more and more towards orks it seems. I already have some ideas for conversions that are, to my mind, kinda nice. But I'm still open to suggestions.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Necrons have no answer to vehicles or assault, so they get steamrolled by damn near everything with virtually nothing they can do about it.
    Assault they have a problem, but not vehicles. One of my friends plays Necrons, and I've stopped taking vehicles against him. All their weapons can glance, and enough glancing hits can kill anything. I've had many land raiders completely destroyed and furioso dreadnoughts immobilized in a the 80 odd shots 4 10 man warrior squads can push out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123