BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Modeling Ideas][Space Wolves] Fenris Wolves/Thunderwolves

I have been reading in War Seer and Dakka Dakka and other boards ideas for representing them but none seem to capture them in relative scale. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions or attempted a conversion so far? Post pics and suggestions how to do the conversion that you came up with.

havent seen the kits/bits yet, but the best looking ones will probably be sculpted or based on canis. any other wolves are just to small to lookright.

First-Captain

Give Forge World a bit of time and we will have some awesome Thunder Wolf cavalry action I'm sure.

Chapter-Master

I can't imagine that GW doesn't have these models planned for a 2nd Wave Space Wolves release. They have to, as they're a pretty big choice for the army. They'll come in the same wave as the hammer thrower and Bjorn, and hopefully a new Ragnar sculpt.

No new sculpt planned at this point for Ragnar...Nothing wrong with current one is the statement (which I have to agree, it really isn't all that bad) and they are hinting at simply re releasing the metal dread again that was available up until about a year or so ago directly from GW. I hope they do a new dread, but the metal one isn't too bad (other than it's metal and a pain to assemble..lol)

Quote Originally Posted by RedScorpionsGirl View Post
    No new sculpt planned at this point for Ragnar...Nothing wrong with current one is the statement (which I have to agree, it really isn't all that bad) and they are hinting at simply re releasing the metal dread again that was available up until about a year or so ago directly from GW. I hope they do a new dread, but the metal one isn't too bad (other than it's metal and a pain to assemble..lol)
    I have to disagree there.

I know people working at arhammer world who have seen the new green for Ragnar.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Quote Originally Posted by RedScorpionsGirl View Post
    I dont understand why they didnt do accessories to convert the plastic dread ala dark angels upgrade sprue. a couple shin plates, a new sarco cover, maybe a few bits like a claw for the ccw, it would be enough to really make a decent sw dread when compined with all the other generic bits (pelts, tails, symbols, etc.)

Really disappointed in that. But so glad to have 300 extra sw heads... <sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    I dont understand why they didnt do accessories to convert the plastic dread ala dark angels upgrade sprue. a couple shin plates, a new sarco cover, maybe a few bits like a claw for the ccw, it would be enough to really make a decent sw dread when compined with all the other generic bits (pelts, tails, symbols, etc.)

Really disappointed in that. But so glad to have 300 extra sw heads... <sarcasm>
    haha, so true. woulda made my life alot easier, espeically with an extra dread from damn black reach.. ><

Veteran-Sergeant

haha, Bjorn is the smallest Dreadnought in the 41st millenium.

Unlikely FW will be doing anything with Space Wolves soon as they are no doubt still doing IA8 which is once again, Dark Angels (admittedly it is Ravenwing if you want to split hairs). Of which only one thing has me excited, Storm Eagle Drop Ship!

Veteran-Sergeant

Forgeworld does more stuff than just what’s coming out in the next IA book, but I do agree that it is unlikely that there will be Thunderwolfs from FW. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s Raven Guard not Ravenwing in IA8.

Take this for what it’s worth; a GW staffer told me that the plan was to do the Thunderwolf in plastic but there was no room for it in the budget so the metal model was made with the functionality to convert it into the unit (a very expensive unit). I imagine what this means is that the model comes apart at the waist. Anyone who has one care to confirm the ease of putting other marine torsos on this guy?

I’m planning on doing a “Renegade” Wolf Company to fit in with my Red Corsairs. I’m going to use the Canis model and a mix of Khorne Juggernauts (and chaos knights?) to achieve my unit of Thunderwolves.

As for Fenris Wolves; easy-peasy…chaos hounds!

Isn’t it weird how Chaos has all the answers for the Space Wolves missing units?

Project Dark Wolf begins Saturday!

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast