BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Space Wolves sneekyness

With the coming of 6th edition came the rule of allies and with 2000pt the doubling of the force organisation chart. With this space wolves are now able to take 8 hq choices!!!! now at first this sounds rediculous why would you ever take this many hqs????

Well this gives the space wolves tuns of options.
    1. All the hq special characters for just over 1000pt
    2. The all favourite rune priest spam.
    3. My favourite allowing you to take wolf priests in all the squads you want- for me 4- whist still being able to take a wolf lord and/or a rune priest. now couple that with the wolf tail talismen providing a 4+ nullify to psycic powers- dont have codex at hand so maybe incorrect- , being fearless and each having prefered enemy!!!

But i know that there always is a downside to something even very slight
    Is there any downside to this????

Also i know other space marines get access to a chaplin perhaps this could be applied to them

Librarian

Yeah: 1000pts of Space Wolf Characters and 1000 points of Space Wolf non-Characters is going to get killed by 2000 points of well-designed army.

yeh its not a great idea to have all the sp but it does make a hell lotta fun

Librarian

I'm not a WAAC player, but I have to point out that in your case you won't end p winning many games. This list I would highly recommend proxying (unless you already have all/most of the models) because it will prove hard to reliably beat many enemy armies with so many of your points wrapped up in one large unit.

Yeh the sp characters would just be a bit of fun. What im more curious about is the wolf priest idea, is this a good option? is it worth having all fearless prefered enemy troops? I use to play chaos and it worked pretty well. but with the new rules im unsure.

Chaplain

It might come in handy, but honestly probably isn't worth the ~400 points you'll have to spend.

In practise the Wolf Priests will be best utilised on elite assault units - or maybe maxed out Blood Claw packs. In a Space Marine army of any flavour, Fearless is only a moderate bonus, considering most units have the ability to be Ld9 or Ld10.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Veteran-Sergeant

With this combo you can "only" take 6 hq! Its 2 for every hq choise, and with allies you can only take 1 hq slot extra not 2! But still nice touhg, now you can take 4 long fang units ^^

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wolflold View Post
    With this combo you can "only" take 6 hq! Its 2 for every hq choise, and with allies you can only take 1 hq slot extra not 2! But still nice touhg, now you can take 4 long fang units ^^

nope, its not allies (you cant ally with your own dex) at 2000pts it doubles your FOC, so yes, you can have 8 HQs. like its been said, its not very competitive but i plan on trying it and just running them as a huge outflanking squad. should be TONS of fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    nope, its not allies (you cant ally with your own dex) at 2000pts it doubles your FOC, so yes, you can have 8 HQs. like its been said, its not very competitive but i plan on trying it and just running them as a huge outflanking squad. should be TONS of fun!!!
    Actually you could have 10, the 8 from the space wolf codex, and two from the allies that can join each of your FOC's.

That being said it'd be way too easy to squish.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    It might come in handy, but honestly probably isn't worth the ~400 points you'll have to spend.

In practise the Wolf Priests will be best utilised on elite assault units - or maybe maxed out Blood Claw packs. In a Space Marine army of any flavour, Fearless is only a moderate bonus, considering most units have the ability to be Ld9 or Ld10.
    I have to agree. Take a priest in your wolf guard squad and go to town. Or but one with Lucas and 12 (?) blood claws in a LRC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast