BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Confuddled View Post

2) If you’re playing an objective-based game, you can combat-squad them, with the Sergeant and 4 friends providing support for the 2 cyclone-equipped Termies.
    I smacked my forehead when I read this. I had completely overlooked the fact that terminators can combat squad! In high points games I often have trouble with too few Elites slots in the force org chart. I'll have to remember this from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchesofpayne View Post
    I smacked my forehead when I read this. I had completely overlooked the fact that terminators can combat squad!
    Heh.

Perfectly understandable, old boy - after all, just how often do you see full 10-man Terminator squads anyway?!

In most cases (and certainly for Assault Terminators), fielding a full 10-man squad is usually overkill. 7 with a Chaplain at most…

If(and that’s a pretty big if!) you want to field shooty Terminators, however, I’d say that a 10-man squad is probably the best way to go.

Chapter-Master

And can be delivered:
    Walking
    Teleporting/drop pod
    Land Raider

---

Drop Pod - not a terminator option? And can't be bought for some other squad because of transport rules??
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Well, Blood Angels and Space Wolf Terminators do have the option of taking drop pods, and the original poster never did specify if he was talking about Codex Marines or one of their (many!!) variants..

Whilst this might not be a bad idea for Space Wolves, its usually not such a good idea for Blood Angels (small unit size, can’t assault on the turn you arrive for assault terminators, restricted to 4th edition wargear, no Drop Pod assault etc).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12