BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default trying to get back in to 40k

hey guys,

i have not been on here since 2010, I was one of the first people to join in on the lounge... want proof look at my join date (07-31-2009). That was when only 100 or so members were here...
    Beside that I fell in love with 40k, especially lore... I never ever played... I enjoyed modelling, conversions and painting. I know more than most about 40k lore despite not touching miniatures in 2 years, I kindve fell off the grid. This was mostly due to not having any money and playing videogames. I really want to get back into this but I have no idea what I am doing. I just want some help figuring out what has happened in these 2 years, ignoring lore... im on top of that still...

edit: oh ye... for more credibility i made the 40k humor thread... a long long time ago
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-30-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

RUN!
    RUN for the Chopper

Chaplain

I feel the same way XD, and I've only been gone for about 9 months.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Chapter-Master

we should have a "we were on BOLS befor it was cool" sub fourm :P

and i may still be subscribed to the humour thread...
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

In the last two years, the lore hasn't moved forward, 6th has been relesed, you missed 2 GW price hikes, 2 rants about GW price hikes, erm and some very vry pretty releases
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    In the last two years, the lore hasn't moved forward, 6th has been relesed, you missed 2 GW price hikes, 2 rants about GW price hikes, erm and some very vry pretty releases
    Boy did they ever miss an opportunity to advance the lore. 6th could have seen the Emperor die, snuffing out the Astronomicon, or leaving it at a flicker through the sacrifice of the psykers. The Empire would be cast into darkness, a time of great strife, helpless against the forces of chaos and xenos encroachment. Sixth could have been the golden age of Xenos. The empire would be forced to the breaking point...only to have the emperor reborn in 7th edition.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    we should have a "we were on BOLS befor it was cool" sub fourm :P

and i may still be subscribed to the humour thread...
    Wait, writing on the internet about playing with small plastic army men is cool now? Oh boy, I am so in there with the girls now!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Wait, writing on the internet about playing with small plastic army men is cool now? Oh boy, I am so in there with the girls now!
    well duh. everyone the internet is #swag #cool and 6'7.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!